Chapter 8

Notes: I hope you guys like this chapter. I've done a lot of research so I wouldn't write any absurds, and it makes me really happy to know now that Snyder Cut approached some stuff that I tried to add here. (Did u like the movie btw? I loved it)

Enough talking, enjoy.

.

Kara walked from on side to the other at the Tower, impatiently waiting for Brainy to giver her some news. Because of the Harun-El, communication with Argo, the city her mom and those who survived Krypton's explosion lived in, was extremely difficult.

- I think I made it work, but I don't know for how long – Brainy said as he stared at Alura's hologram. – I'll leave you two alone.

- Thank you, Brainy. We'll meet the team later to plan everything.

Kara stared at her mom's hologram, feeling emotional. She still couldn't believe Alura was alive and safe in Argo City. It felt like a dream since she found out, a few years ago.

- Hi, Kara. How are you?

- I'm fine... And missing you – Kara said, trying to control her emotions – How's everything there?

- As good as it can be. – Alura smiled – And I also miss you. You know you can come and visit anytime you want.

- I know... Things are just hard now...

- Did anything happen?

- I need to ask you something. We have been researching it, and we could find some information but I have this feeling you would know something more... About the Anti-Life Equation and a being named Darkseid.

Alura's face became serious as she heard that name. Kara knew her mom could have some information since she was part of the Krypton's council and knew it all about its story, and that just confirmed her theory.

- Yes, I know. And I must ask you to be careful.

- Why? – Kara looked worried – I know is something dangerous and this being is dangerous...

- No, not just that. Honey, he's a New God. We've heard stories about him and his quest, but no one knows if he's actually out there...

- We have strong evidence to believe someone here on Earth is working for him, something like that. I need to know more about it, so we can find a way to stop them. The future of this Earth is depending on that.

Alura took a deep breath and stared at Kara, trying to collect memories from stories she've heard before in Krypton. Kara waited patiently, hoping the conection would last enough for her to learn what she needed to.

- His name was Uxas. He lived among the Old Gods and corrupted their minds, creating a war between them. With that, he stole their powers to himself. After a while, he became a New God, Darkseid.

- Why do I feel like this New God thing is a terrible thing?

- They exist outside time and space. They evolved into beings of genetic stability and evolutionary perfection, meaning they are extremely powerful. In an unstoppable level of powerful. He's functionally immortal, he perceive and understand the workings of the universe on a cosmic level, perceive others in different dimensions, he can do a lot.

- And why does he need this Anti-Life Equation if he's all that powerful?

- Legend says his goal was to dominate the entire universe to his will, something that he can't do by himself. The Anti-Life Equation has the power to dominate the will of any sentient race, alter reality powers that twist and distort freedom over life and death. He learned about it 300 years ago and never stopped trying to find it.