Chapter 6

For Thea's idea to work, she thought while she walked carrying a bunch of things, peopel available would need to help while others were handling the serious stuff. Along with her, Nia, Zari, Anissa and Clark got to the Star Labs Hangar with a bunch of things for the party, and started to set things up. They would finally have a minute to celebrate Oliver being back, Kendra being back and being all together one more time, before going into another life or death situation. They put everything they were carrying on the ground and looked around.

- I guess more people could be helping... Just saying – Nia said as she grabbed a few things from one box, examitaing them.

- Is ok, just tell me where everything goes and I can fix it – Clark said as he helped Thea with the stereo.

- Oh, aren't you a sweet? – Thea said, smiling thankful. – I know is crazy to want to do this in the middle of a crisis...

- It isn't... It might be the last chill time we have in a while, so why not take it? – Zari said – And you guys are lucky because if anyone knows how to throw a party, that's me...

Zari smiled and started bossing Clark around with Thea while Nia and Anissa set the food on the table and took a few glances at them.

- He's so into her... – Nia said with a knowing look at Clark.

- Yes, he is... – Anissa said also noticing the way Clark acted around Thea. – He's not that subtle... I mean, I'm new and I've noticed... – She said, making Nia laugh

- And is only fair since his cousin is into her brother...

- Oh, I noticed that too, girl. People here don't waste any time... – Anissa laughed as she saw Alex, Sara and Mick coming, trying to disguise her blushing.

- And you, lady? – Nia asked, teasing just as she finished setting the food up, grabbing a bite of a chocolate.

- What about me?

What about her, Anissa thought. She had been alone for a long time, found love in Grace, and then things went downhill. Was she ready to open up her heart again? She wasn't sure about that, everything was so recent. Of course, for example, she found Alex to be really cute and funny, but she was sure it was one sided and she was indeed new, she didn't want to go there with people she barely knew.

- Your situation... I know you're single... this is a huge team... Didn't someone catch your eye?

- I look around... But is way too soon to tell, I rather stay on my lane...for now.

Mick went straight for the beer, feeling happy to have a minute to chill before he could burn people again. Legends last adventure took a lot of him and he needed to drink, he didn't even care the party was only going to start later. Sara approached Zari and they started to work picking up the music while Clark finished setting the decor up, making Thea clap.

- Thank you so much, this will save us a lot of time – She said, earning a big smile from Clark.

- Anytime!

She felt incredible relaxed and with good spirits. Clark was indeed a great help, she knew they were never going to pull this off in such a short time and without many help, since half their teams were nowhere to be seen. She admired Clark's work, pretending not to notice his eyes were on her. She actually felt pretty good about it, but didn't want to read into things. She never stopped to think about it before, except when Kara introduced Clark to all of them, and she thought he was really hot. She felt her cheeks burning and tried to disguise it, but she was sure he noticed. She was just glad that he could have no idea what was going through her mind at that moment.