Chapter 10

Back at Star Labs, while some where still giving Hro Talak a tour around the place, the rest of the team discussed what they would do about the Thanagarians. Kara found Oliver alone in the corridor and approached him, feeling a bit nervous since they have kissed and still didn't have the opportunity to talk about it.

- Hey... - Oliver turned around, noticing Kara looking at him and blushing. – I... I'm sorry about before...

- No, I'm the one who needs to apologize... I left in a rush and we haven't talked about it ever since...

- It's ok, we have so much going on right now...

- Is not an excuse, I was rude... - Kara said

- I understand Kara – Oliver said – I'm really worried with the Thanagarians and everything that's happening... I'm still a bit confused and...

- I told you I was going to help you, and I'll keep my word. I just felt guilty.

- Why?

Kara paced from one side to the other, trying to find the right words to express what she felt the moment their lips touched.

- My entire life I thought I was missing something, I felt like I should be doing more... When I became Supergirl, I felt that was it, the thing that I was missing... And I won't lie, I love being Supergirl, but recently... Sometimes I wonder if life should be more than being Supergirl. And at the same time, I feel like I don't have the luxury of having what humans has, room for...

- For love – Oliver completed

- Yes. And with everything that's going on I felt guilty for allowing myself to just feel that moment.

- I'm just as worried as you are Kara – Oliver said as he took a few steps closer to her – I just came back from the dead, and I keep trying to figure out what Prometheus meant about all he told me before I came back. And everything we found out so far makes me even more worried, but I know everything it's going to be ok, because I have a bunch of smart and great heroes with me, by my side... I have you. I don't know how, but I know we'll be ok.

Kara smiled as Oliver reached for her hand

- But I get what you said. We need to bring our best game if we want to avoid another huge crisis, and beat another super villain. So if you feel like you need space or time, I'll respect that. But I won't pretend our kiss didn't happen, because it meant something to me. – Oliver smiled, letting go of her hand.

- Thank you for understanding. – Kara said before Oliver turned around – And it meant something for me too.

Oliver stopped and looked back, watching Kara leaving, and smiled. He knew somehow, someday, everything would work out. Cisco's voice echoed around the lab facilities, asking everyone to go to the cortex and Oliver just shook his head, focusing back on the problem they had to solve.

- I told my team to start working on the devices, they will be using some of your tech if you don't mind – Hro Talak said in a deep serious voice that gave Constantine chills.

- No, we don't – Nate said, staring at Oliver – And... are waiting for something, or someone?

- Sort of... I need you all here so we can test the devices safely.

That sounded weird and didn't make sense at all and Constantine couldn't stop feeling like he needed to do something. He whispered a few words from an old spell he learned, to make himself invisible long enough so he could follow his instincts and go outside. He felt like something was calling for him, so he followed the vibe he felt.

It seemed like his spell worked, because no one seemed to notice him gone. He left Star Labs and went to the hangar where the Thanagarian ships were parked. There was no one around so he went inside one of them, making sure it was empty. For his luck, it was and he started to look around.