Handshakes of a Lifetime - Chapter 2

BTS soulmate AU. OT7 x reader / this chapter is Jimin focused

I chickened out on the smut with Jungkook last chapter, sorry cries (there might be a sexy bonus chapter somewhere down the line heh), but hopefully I will make it up to you in this chapter :D

Trigger warnings: mentions of death, war, angsttt but not as bad as Jungkook's chapter D: (while his was fast-paced anxiousness, this is more of a quiet dread), sex with Jimin. I suck at this please let me know if I need to add more.

--

Jimin raises his eyebrow at you and looks briefly between you and Jungkook, who just stares at you like he's seen a ghost, face pale and eyes glassy. Trying to salve the situation, Jimin turns on the charm, giving you a crescent eyed smile while reaching out his hand. Your shaky hand grabs his.

Jimin is laughing. In a field. The tall plants whip around the two of you. You're laughing with him, chasing him, or is he chasing you?

It's so windy, you struggle with your hair as it covers your eyes and flies in your mouth but you don't seem to mind, your focus is only on the man in front of you who roars joyfully back at you. Jimin jumps around you, lunging for your hands to make you dance with him, but you yell at him playfully and evade his grasp, laughing as he pouts.

Jimin grabs you by the waist and pulls you down into the tall grass, you both hit the soft ground with a huff and break into laughter again. The breeze whirls around you, making the blades of grass sway in a dance. Jimin rolls on top of you and pins your arms above your head before you can start the chase again. Fingers intertwined, staring down at you, his eyes are sparkling.

The door creaks as Jimin opens it, he's setting the food he's bought from the market down on the kitchen table while you continue to clean dishes. He pulls a book from his coat pocket and hides it under the bags making sure you don't notice. You're preoccupied however, gazing out the window above your sink, studying the sway of the tall grass as currents of wind pull the blades back and forth. Cumulus clouds move quickly in the light blue sky above. The scene is calm, you think, a calm before a storm.

Jimin slowly comes up behind you, fully intending to give you a little scare so he can watch you jump. His favorite thing to do is to get a rise out of you. He loves your angry face just as much as he loves your smiles, he can't help that you look so cute when you're annoyed at him.

He pokes your side and you yelp, but continue to stare outside the window. He buries his face in the crook of your neck, inhaling your sweet scent, rocking you back and forth, wanting your attention. He feels so lucky to have these quiet moments with you for now. You pull on his arms around you to bring him closer to you. You think you could live in this moment forever.

Jimin starts to tickle your sides and you wiggle your body around to face him. When your eyes meet his, he sends you a playful smile and you let out a soft sigh. For now, you allow yourself to soak in this moment, let his gaze flow through you and you gather it close to your heart.

"I don't want you to go," you finally speak.

"I have to, it's my duty," Jimin says softly, "I want to protect this country...I want to protect you."

"I still don't want you to go." You pout.

He chuckles at your cuteness, "The war hasn't reached our area yet, maybe-" he draws out his words, placing your hand in his and lifts your palm to his heart. "-I'll never have to leave you." He brushes his lips to your temple.

You stare at the full moon above you. The sky is clear and everything is still. Jimin's hand is warm in yours. Your head rests on his shoulder as he quietly hums next to you.