Handshakes of a Lifetime - Chapter 7

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K VIEWS OMG OMG OMG. Here is the next chapter to celebrate!!!!!! And to those who leave comments, you have no idea how happy reading them makes me! I love hearing your reactions throughout the story, its the best thing ever for a writer xoxoxo.

Warnings: death, war, fighting, blood, arranged marriage, cheating, sex with Namjoon, first times, spitting idk kind of kinky I try not to do the same old thang so it's not boring for you, rough sex, Namjoon.Is.Big. size kink all over the place

"Joon..." The eldest member calls out to him.

"I-I need some air." Namjoon breaks away from the group.

"Wait!"

You follow after him, the other members are right behind you. He's almost out the door, about to leave, and you feel frantic at the thought of him being alone and upset, upset at you.

Namjoon did not want to admit his feelings. He did not want to think of the envy he had felt simmering inside for days. He did not have this otherworldly connection with you like the others, but he still found his chest tightening at the possibilities. Deep down he held onto one last sliver of hope, the small guarantee the world would right itself again with you coming back into their lives. He held on to that hope right until the moment you held his hand and the revelations he expected to flow through him never happened. He felt like he had been given a test and failed, and he was too ashamed to face his failure.

You would do anything to go back in time and find the courage to reach out to Namjoon. You call his name but he ignores you.

Why does it have to be like this? Your life has never been this complicated, this difficult, you don't want to hurt them anymore. You promised yourself you would try, but it's always one step forward, two steps back. It's not fair! Before you can stop yourself you grab the leader's wrist and pull him back to you.

Namjoon jolts in your grasp. You feel like you've been stunned by electricity, and that's what it looks like to all the other members as you and Namjoon stand frozen in place. Your lungs won't even open for air as all the muscles in your body stiffen. Your ears ring. His memories bombard you, rip through your consciousness and flood your senses until they become the only sights you see, the only thoughts you have, and then everything turns to black around you, the ringing growing louder.

There's a ringing echoing through the halls. Guards are yelling. You rush through the corridors being pulled by your own guard, a man who's been by your side for years, who's dedicated his life to protecting you. Amongst the screams and roaring cries of battle you try to find comfort in the warmth of his hand as it envelops your own.

The palace is in chaos. Soldiers run through the halls brandishing weapons, ready for battle. Your guard's large body blocks your own as you run behind him. There's so much yelling you can barely make sense of it, but then you hear it, "There's an attack!"

It feels wrong running away. He leads you into the heart of the palace, until you're safely hidden in a room designed for protection. Your guard begins to bolt the intricate door locks, locking you inside with him. You place your hand on top of the latches.

"What are you doing?" Namjoon questions as he pulls you away from the door.

You squirm in his grasp, "How can I stay here, listening to the cries of my people?" You glare at him defiantly, "You're one of the strongest soldiers in the palace, you should not be here! I want to fight with you!"

"No, you will not. You will stay here and keep our kingdom from falling." His fingers brush against the gold cuffs in your hair and along your jaw. You sigh into his touch. This is unfair.