Handshakes of a Lifetime - Chapter 6

BTS soulmate AU. OT7 x reader / Taehyung x reader focused in this chapter, slight Jungkook x reader and Namjoon x reader

Usually by the time I finish a chapter, I will have a nice chunk of the next chapter done, when I finished chapter 5 I had TWO SENTENCES FOR THIS CHAPTER cries, ugh this was a journey lol but I had fun along the way :).

Warnings: death, mention of a suicide, if you're like me and don't like to think about being old this chapter might trigger an existential crisis lol, cheating, men being sexist, angst but also fluffiness, sex with Taehyung, breeding kink, a character calls you and Tae children but you are two very grown adults I just wanted to make that super duper clear.

"I want to try, I think it would be worth it, you'll be worth it."

'Why did he have to say that,' you wince, looking over at the idol. He is beautiful, way out of your league, above you in every way, and he's looking back at you like his whole world hangs in the balance. How could you reject him now. You groan.

You stand up. You place your palm in front of his face, your fingers splayed out, you can see his wide excited eyes in the gaps between them. You look at him expectantly. Taehyung nods, places his palm to yours, interlocking your fingers together.

Your heart thumps wildly as darkness fills the room. You open your eyes once you hear the familiar voice of your husband call out to you, "No need to fret anymore, my beloved. I'm here now." Taehyung's hand covers your old and frail fingers. You lie in your bed, body tired and weathered from all the years you've spent on this earth.

Your eyes roam over the room, taking in all the faces of your beautiful children and grandchildren. The pain in your tired joints fades as you focus on the man you've only grown to love more in all the years you've been together. It's because of him you've lived a fulfilled life full of love. With him by your side you're ready now.

You look up from your crouched position, the flowers you've picked lie fresh and pretty in your basket. You look to the dirt path where a man is running towards you. 'What is a man doing here of all places?' you think.

He comes to a stop once he sees you, hands on his knees as he gasps for breath. He looks young and beautiful, though his robes are askew and torn and his face glistens as sweat drips from his chin. You almost decide to ignore him and go back to your duties until you notice the red lines that peak from the uncovered parts of his torso. The cuts look painful. You hesitate, "Do you need some assistance?"

"Don't mind me, fair maiden," his breathing is still heavy as he speaks. He looks around, taking in his surroundings. 'What is he looking for?' you wonder. You can tell he is trying to hide his panic, but it comes through in his tense movements and jittery eyes.

"Are you sure you don't need help?"

Four men on horse approach you. You notice they are soldiers by the gold plates that cover their body. You hold the flower basket a little tighter to your chest. The first soldier speaks, "Have you seen a man come through this way?"

"You're the only men I've seen for days."

You feel their lewd stares on you, your stomach churns from the unwanted attention. One soldier dismounts his horse and stalks closer to you. "A pretty little thing like you wouldn't dare lie to us?" he questions.

"I swear on goddess Athena." You stand still and look to the ground as he invades your space. The soldier brings a calloused hand to your chin to make you look at him, his companions snickering at your discomfort.