The Lost Boys

My body was stiff when I awoke. My eyes refused to open no matter how hard I tried to will them open. As I finally gave up trying to open my eyes I heard voices around me.

"We can't keep her here!" One of the voices yelled. "We should just drop her off the nearest hospital and run."

"No. If they find out that we have the serum, they'll hunt us down. We would never stop being hunted." This voice was different from the other one. It was silky and smooth with a slight accent. It made somehow feel safe even though I ha no clue who it was talking.

Putting more effort and strength in, I forced my eyes opened. I was greeted with a blinding, white light shinning violently into my eyes.

"Hello there, darling," the silk like voice said to me. "How are you feeling?"

"Very classy of you to ask the girl we stabbed how she's feeling. You really are a gentleman, Alex." The second voice's words were filled with posionis sarcasm.

"Shut up, Jared." I could see the sharp outline of the boys jaw. "Take you time, sweetheart. Don't rush yourself. The serum we injected in you I strong. It may take some time for you to be normal again."

His face slowly transitioned into real features. Alex's face was beautiful. His deeply set eyes burnt a hole inside of me. I felt as though I was lost in a deep blue-green sea.

"She's so scared that she can't even talk. Let's give her more serum and leave her at the nearest hospital. She could get us I trouble for being here. She's a girl Alex. We're breaking the Lost Boys code."

"If boss finds out that she was here and we didn't bring her to him, we'll be in even more trouble than he being here. Besides what harm can she do. She can barely walk."

I could feel my head pounding from their fighting bake and forth. "Please stop fighting. My head is pounding, I have no idea who either of you are, and what in the world is the the Lost Boys code?" I lifted my head to meet Alex's eyes as I tried to shift into a sitting position. Pain shot up my body as I cried out. I slowly calmed down and said, "I'll be on my way. Don't worry I'll be out of your hair."

"Woah, wait a second," Alex said while resting his hand on my stomach an lower back. "Take it easy. You've still got the serum in your bloodstream, if you try to walk your legs will give out."

I looked at him in shock for just a second trying to come up it's my next move. The only thing I could do was ask a question. "What serum?" I slight pulled away from him, while whining in pain.

"The serum we used to knock you out when you rudely decided to enter our hangout." Jared was suddenly at my side starring into my green eyes. His gray eyes seemed to glow in the bright light around us.

"You did what?" I was now nestled in between the two very attractive boys. My heart was beating faster than ever before.

"You see we used this circular thing to stab you in the neck so that you went night-night. Do I need to say it in a dumber form so that you can understand it better?"

"I'm no stupid, so if you keep talking to me like that I will hurt you."

He could barely stop himself from chuckling at my useless threats. A smirk appeared on his face as he responded with, "the girl who is tied to a hospital bed is threatening me?! Well guess what princess, you're threats are worthless to me." His face was so close to mine I could feel my breath hitching.

"Enough Jared. Back away from her." Alex's voice was harsh as he glared at Jared. Jared's eyes met Alex's and something clicked inside of me.

Jared was scared of Alex. It was plain and clear.