chapter seventeen

---

---

Wanda was trying her best to mask how she really felt, something she wasn't good at. At least she wasn't good at it when you had been trained to identify the small signs that indicated a person's true emotions. 

I knew she was upset. I knew she was scared. 

She was upset I didn't say I loved her back. She was scared because these accords meant someone was controlling us, something both of us had gone through and didn't want to again. 

It was the little things that showed me she was upset. How her face would drop whenever I started a conversation with her and I didn't say those three little words. I wanted to explain myself, I wanted to say them back but it was hard. 

They were three little words. Why couldn't I say them? Why couldn't I just tell her how I felt?

It took a lot of lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling, rehearsing what I was going to say before I approached her. The news was on in the background, something about Bucky before they began talking about the Accords. It was the usual. We needed to be controlled, especially with two enhance individuals. Something about my powers being destructive and being a threat before they moved on to say the same about Wanda. 

I flinched when they began insulting her, turning the TV off. She didn't deserve it. 

I went to knock on her door but it swung open before I could. 

I walked in, standing in front of where she sat on her bed, "Okay, I have spent way too long trying to figure out what to say and all I can think of is how those three words freak me out. Maybe I do feel that way but I can't say it. Everyone I have ever been with has been for a mission, Wanda. So, I'm sorry, okay but you knew I was shit at the whole feelings thing when this started."

"I'm not annoyed, Anya."

"No, but you're upset, you think I don't see it but I do. And I hate that I made you feel like that because I care about you," I blurted. 

"Anya, it's okay," she assured but I knew her better than that. It wasn't okay, even I knew that. "People say it at different times." She sent me a small smile before it turned into a frown. "Do you smell that?"

"Yeah."

Turns out Vision was cooking. 

"Is that paprikash?" Wanda questioned. 

"Anya gave me the idea. We thought it might lift your spirits," he informed.

I raised an eyebrow, "I said order it not make it. Pretty sure there's somewhere that makes it."

Wanda chuckled, tasting the food, "Spirits lifted."

"In my defence, I haven't actually ever eaten anything before, so," Vision spoke.