chapter fourteen

---

---

I was sat a couple of tables away from Wanda, sipping a coffee. My hat was low as I eyed the scene around me. 

"All right, what do you see?" Steve's voice sounded over the comms. 

"Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target," Wanda informed. 

"There's an ATM in the south corner, which means..." he trailed off, letting Wanda finish. 

"Cameras."

"Both cross streets are one way," he continued. 

"So, compromised escape routes," Wanda added. 

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen, he isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out. You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?" Steve asked. 

"Yeah, the red one? It's cute," Wanda replied. 

I glanced towards it, "Actually it is."

"It's also bulletproof, which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us," Nat explained.

"You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?" Wanda quipped. 

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature," Nat warned. 

"She's right, you need to be able to take someone down before they have a gun to your head," I added. 

"Anybody ever tell you you're both a little paranoid?" Sam questioned.

"Not to my face. Why? Did you hear something?" Nat joked.

"Eyes on target, folks. This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months. I don't want to lose him," Steve instructed. 

"If he sees us coming that won't be a problem. He kind of hates us," Sam voiced. 

Steve ordered Sam to tag the garbage truck that was attempting to get through traffic. 

"That truck's loaded for max weight. And the driver's armed," Sam revealed. 

"It's a battering ram," Nat told. 

"Go now," Steve ordered. 

"What?" Wanda asked. 

"He's not hitting the police," he informed. 

Wanda made her way towards the target, Nat and I having to take a slower route as neither of us could fly. Steve and Sam were conversing over the comms as they informed us of the hostiles.

There were four left as Wanda rid the building of the gas. Nat and I were riding our motorcycles towards the scene when Steve's voice sounded once more. 

"Rumlow has a biological weapon."

"We're on it," I answered.

We both jumped off our motorcycle's letting them hit the men advancing towards us. I took the right as Nat went left.