chapter eighteen

---

---

We'd stopped to pick up Scott Lang aka Ant-Man. No idea who he was, to be honest, but he was kind of funny. He slept most of the ride over. I practically jumped out of the van. It was cramped and uncomfortable. 

"You know I wouldn't have called if I had any other choice," Steve told as Clint greeted him. 

"Hey, man, you're doing me a favour. Besides, I owe a debt," Clint reassured 

"Thanks for having my back," Cap spoke, turning to Wanda and I.

Wanda shrugged, "It was time to get off my ass."

"Where she goes, I go," I added. "We're a package deal now."

Steve nodded, turning back to Clint, "How about our other recruit?"

Clint walked back towards the van, "He's rarin' to go. Had to put a little coffee in him-" He slammed open the door, causing Scott to jerk awake. "But he should be good"

"What time zone is this?" Scott questioned. 

Clint ushered him over to us.

"Captain America," Scott exclaimed, shaking his hand. 

"Mr Lang."

He was still shaking Steve's hand, "It's an honour. I'm shaking your hand too long." He stopped shaking his hand. "Wow! This is awesome! Captain America." He turned around as he spoke. "I know you two, too. You're both great," he added, addressing Wanda and I. He grabbed Steve's shoulders, noticing how big he was. "Jeez. Ah, look, I wanna say, I know you know a lot of super people, so thinks for thanking of me."

I laughed.

"Hey, man," Scott greeted Sam.

"What's up, Tic Tac?" Sam greeted in reply. 

"Uh, good to see you. Look, what happened last time when I-"

Sam shook his head, "It was a great audition, but it'll never happen again."

"They tell you what we're up against?" Steve asked. 

"Something about some psycho-assassins?" Scott repeated from when we briefed him earlier.

"We're outside the law on this one. So if you come with us, you're a wanted man."

 "Yeah, well, what else is new?"

I shrugged, moving past Steve to see Bucky, "You know what they say. Fuck the police. I'm all for breaking the law, keeps things interesting." I tilted my head, something about Bucky seemed familiar. "That's Bucky?" 

"Yeah," Steve answered.

"You look better than in the museum," I complimented. "You're cute, for an ex-HYDRA assassin."