chapter one

---

---

I was riding in a Jeep with Natasha and Clint, Nat driving as Clint and I shot at the HYDRA soldiers. Tony flew beside us in his Iron Man suit and Thor flew beside us, taking out anyone we missed. Shots flew through the air. One of the blue beams narrowly missed me. I ducked, letting it fly past me and hit a tree. I glanced to my side to see Cap riding his motorcycle, dragging a HYDRA agent along the snow. The Hulk did what he did best: smash.

Tony flew ahead of us and towards the base. It wasn't long before I heard his voice over the earpiece. 

"Shit," he cussed, making me chuckle slightly.

"Language," Steve scolded. There was a short pause before he spoke again, it filled with nothing but fighting. "JARVIS, what's the view from upstairs?" He questioned. 

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any other Hydra base we've taken," JARVIS informed.

"Loki's scepter must be here. Strucker couldn't mount this defence without it," Thor spoke. "At long last."

I fought by my sister, running beside her as we both threw grenades into the bunkers that were shooting at all of us. While they were distracted we took on two each, she went right while I went left. I grabbed one, pushing them in front of me, as the other shot at me, causing them to shoot the HYDRA agent. Shoving the injured agent away, I ran towards the other, dodging their punches. I headbutted them, grabbing their arm and twisting. They let out a grunt of pain before I hit the butt of my gun against the side of their head. I pushed the unconscious agent to the floor, shooting at the agent shooting from the bunker. 

"At long last is lasting a little long, boys," Nat replied. 

"She's right, we might as well have just gone up and rung the doorbell, they definitely know we're here," I told, dodging bullets. There was a pause in the shooting. They were reloading. I slipped out from behind the tree that was shielding me and ran in the direction that the bullets had come from. Just as I reached the agent they had reloaded. I quickly shot at them, stopping them from shooting me. 

"Yeah. Anya's right. I think we lost the element of surprise," Clint agreed. 

"Can we just document that Clint said that, it's one for the scrapbooks guys," I joked, ducking as a punch was thrown in my direction. 

"Wait a second. No one else is going to deal with the fact that Cap just said 'language?'" Stark questioned. 

"Also one for the scrapbooks," I voiced. 

"I know," Steve spoke. There was another short pause. "It just slipped out," he told.

"Sir, the city is taking fire," I heard JARVIS inform. 

"Well, we know Strucker's not going to worry about civilian casualties. Send in the Iron Legion," Tony instructed.

"Anya, join Cap, find a way in," Nat ordered, as she turned to me.