Epilogue

The battle was over but a lot of blood had been spilled. Before allowing the evacuated civilians to return to the city, orders were given out to clean up the streets. The dead were identified and the injured were tended to.

Princess Isla and her unconscious brother Isaac did not make it out of Palace grounds before they were surrounded and forced to surrender. The remaining soldiers stood down after receiving orders from their Princess.

Prince Henry was unfortunately found dead within his chambers. It seemed as though his room was broken into in the midst of the battle as his door had a broken lock that had been bashed in from the outside. There were clear signs of struggle with broken furniture and blood everywhere. His body was absolutely mutilated to the point that he was unidentifiable. If it had not been for his clothes, one would have assumed it was someone else.

No one spoke of Prince Henry's treachery as not to further soil the Royal family's name after word came out of  Lord Patrick. Richard was also covered up. The monarchy was already under pressure with one soul surviving member left.

Vorn had no choice but to take on the title of Crown Prince. A title he was much reluctant about but nevertheless fulfilled this role to the best of his ability and established order within the kingdom.

Within the first three days of Prince Vorn's rule after the battle, managed to form a treaty which would soon be an alliance with the Princess Isla.

Isaac had not yet regained consciousness and had the best physicians and doctors that the kingdom could offer tending to him. Unfortunately during the final part if the journey back to his kingdom, he was once again lost. This news was devastating as many were sacrificed to retrieve him.

Although Princess Isla now had to deal with this, she never stopped offering aid where she could to the Eastern Kingdom and in return, Prince Vorn offered as much help as was available to find her brother.

Four massive boulders were cut into slates and erected near the destroyed Western gate to honour all those who lost their lives including the kingdom that attacked's soldiers. Near the top of one boulder was Warren and Alice's names and at the bottom of the last boulder in engraved in small was Skyler Black.

The royals including Tyron as his ashes had been retrieved and excluding Patrick were all cremated and placed in the Royal tomb to lie at rest with their  forefathers. Patrick's body was also cremated and Prince Vorn gave his ashes to the wind on a hill on the outskirts of the city. Prince Vorn once respected his father and although he was a bad man in the end, he knew that his father must have been once a long time ago a good person until his mind was corrupted.

The kingdom mourned their dead and the days seemed grey. It was not easy. Prince Vorn had it the hardest with his duties and the major losses he had regarding his friends and family but he tried his best to keep it locked inside when he was in front of his people to allow them to gain strength and surety from him.

Behind closed doors he did mourn in his own way. He mourned for his brothers. He mourned for his aunt and both his cousins. He mourned for his fallen comrades and he even mourned for Skyler although he did not know her for long.

A nearly a year had  passed and the kingdom had almost completely returned to normal. The long awaited day of the coronation had arrived. Unfortunately due to the immense pressure and strain Prince Vorn had taken while he fulfilled a position he never wanted, he had stepped down and handed over the thrown to whom he believed was the best candidate for it.

The chosen individual had taken all the necessary steps needed to take on the role such as finding a spouse to rule beside him. Said individual now stood before a mirror as he was currently being dressed in the finest of robes.