Chapter 36

Shout out to @ArabellaValerie for the cover.
It's the first cover that this book has had that is not one I made myself.

<><><>

When I woke up I was greeted my the melodic sounds of hooves hitting the ground in a rhythmic pattern. I myself was moving almost rocking to the beat.

I nearly jumped out of my skin when I felt and arm move to my shoulder pushing it slightly to adjust my body in a move to a more favourable yet comfortable position. It was Ivor. That's right.

I felt a little silly for momentarily forgetting but I was soon reminded of the events that took place yesterday quite clearly. Of course I felt slightly embarrassed. Gosh, I'm sure Ivor's men are convinced he is shooting for the opposite team with the way he is holding me now against him in my disguise. I looked around only to notice that Ivor was way up front ahead of men, leading them.

Although we are sharing a horse, one would not think it anything of the way he held onto me however I was leaning fully into his warm chest sheltered from the wind and he had one arm controlling the steed and the other wrapped securely around my waist holding me in place.

Upon noticing this, I shifted ever so slightly trying to move when Ivor's arm suddenly tightened.

"Don't move..." He whispered, his warm breath fanning my ear.

And that's when I felt it. My butt was positioned comfortably at his crotch and I became all to aware of his little friend who had perked up. I froze. My poor innocent cheeks lit up slightly all the way to my ears and down my neck.

Gosh I'm pathetic, I'm totally over reacting to this.

Ivor chuckled slightly at my reaction, he felt no guilt or remorse. I wanted to kill him. I turned my body slightly planning to lift my hand to give him a flick on the forehead when his arm tightened around my waist.

"What did I just say about moving? You never listen. Anyways we will be arriving shortly and I don't want this little problem in front of my men so it is preferable if you stay still." I could hear the slight smirk in his words. He wasn't to worried. That cheeky imbecile.

I remained dead still the rest of the ride. We arrived at the outskirts of the capital in the following hour. Thankfully when we had arrived, Ivor's little friend had returned to normal.

"Don't put your filthy hands on me, I can get off this dumb animal myself!" This complaining belonged to none other than the infamous Vorn himself.

A few of us had stopped hidden about a kilometre from the outer walls of Southern gate of the Capital although we were originally closer to the west side, Ivor explained the lessened patrols on the southern walls making it more advantageous to us as chances of someone recognising the General are near to none.

"Patrick has spies and people not only just in the castle but all over the city as well. Please stick to the plan, we will be entering the city posing as normal civilians through all four gates to meet at the rendezvous point. It is if the utmost importance that under no circumstances are you to reveal your identity." Ivor spoke sternly as he addressed the few of his troops present.

He turned to Vorn and gave a nod. Vorn turned to leave and was gone in the blink of an eye. Most of Ivor's troops had removed their weapons and armour and changed into civilian clothes. Those few that hadn't like Ivor who wore lighter Armour hid it perfectly under long cloaks and coats.

The armour that was removed was tied securely to the back of two of the horses and covered up. A solider leading one of the horses was the fist to leave. He successfully passed the guards at the gate without any fuss.

In total there were ten of us left. Another two soldiers left soon after on horse back into the capital.

One solider got removed the saddles on two of the horses and lead them off through the gate. Slowly each soldier was passing through at different intervals. Two soldiers went in on foot without any horses, another one stacked some logs on the back of his horse as to act like he had collected firewood, the soldier walking the other horse carrying the armour lead it through while riding his own horse, one solider rode  casually on his horse and the last one followed in a similar manner.

It was just the cocky General and I left with the one horse that we had been sharing.

"My dear Sky, since no one is around, I think it's just if you remove those bindings restricting your breasts."

I rolled my eyes at him.

"And now why would I do that?"

"Just do it, it's not like I haven't seen them before and plus you will have the shirt you are wearing covering them wouldn't it be nice to set them free a little." He joked.

"W...what?! You saw them, when?!" I was startled, annoyed yet startled.

"That night at the river when you were trying to escape the camp." He spoke so casually as if he was talking about the weather while he busied himself but adjusting a few straps on the horse's saddle.

"But it was dark." I stated not believing him for a second.

"Yes that's why I couldn't recognise you but when I got closer after you indirectly confirmed your identity, I saw them and before you hit me, just know I'm a man, its in my nature plus, I know you were checking out my butt back then too." He  gave a cocky smile.

Yes you guessed it, my face went red again as I full on blushed at my shame.

Ivor chuckled again and walked up to me and put a hand on one of my heated cheeks causing me to let out a huff and turn away.

"I wonder how far that blush of yours goes." He said while looking at my neck down, stopping where my shirt started.

I turned around completely facing my body away from him. I wanted to kill him but I wouldn't dare let him see my embarrassment.

"I am only kidding, but I am serious about you removing those bindings. I have a plan."

I let out a sigh in defeat.

"Fine."

Ivor nodded and turned back to fiddling with the saddle on the horse. I grabbed my bag out of the saddle bag and went behind a tree, I took off my shirt, undid the bindings and put proper undergarments on that supported my breasts properly before pulling the shirt over my head again.

Ivor gave a short nod in approval when I emerged. I rolled my eyes and stuffed my bag back into the saddle bag. Ivor then gave me a leg up onto the horse.

"So are you going to tell me the plan?"

"What better way to get through than being a newly wed couple whose is on their way to the doctors room because the wife is feeling unwell."

I wanted to strangle him.

"There are so many other ways we could get through like the other soldiers! Why do I ever listen to you?" I vented my irritation towards his stupid idea.

"Well it's to late now Skylar. Might as well go with the plan, now get into character." Ivor laughed and led the horse forward.