Roger Waters #3

TW/ mentions of depression and anxiety

—————————————————————————

It was a chilly day in London. The wind blew with force sweeping the mostly empty streets; not many people were outside because of the bad weather. Everyone prefered to stay at their homes, warm and happy. That wasn't an exception for Roger and Y/N.

Roger was sitting on the worn out couch, mindlessly strumming his guitar, humming what sounded a lot like the tune of Us and Them. The TV was on but it stayed there unattended and forgotten.
Finally, the clock on the wall striked 8 o'clock. With a sigh, Roger interrupted himself and got up from the couch, making his way to the kitchen. He looked inside the fridge, scratching his chin. He would have to go to the grocery shop on the weekend.

Eventually, he grabbed some things and threw them together to make yourselves a decent dinner.
Just as he was putting the plates on the table, he heard your shared bedroom door creak open. He stood up and waited for you to appear.
His little smile fell when he saw your serious expression. Your brow was furrowed and your eyes didnt have the glimmer in them that he was used to see. You looked pretty miserable to say the least.

You both sit and started eating in silence. After some uncomfortable minutes, Roger cleared his throat and softly asked, "Y/N, are you okay?"

You noticeably tensed but inmediately replied "I'm okay."

"Really? You haven't smiled in ages. That doesn't sound like you're okay to me."

"I said I'm okay. Seriously, everything is okay," you snarled.

Surprised by your harsh tone, Roger closed his mouth and tried to change the topic.

"And how is everything going about that job? Did you call them like I told you?"

You stayed in silence for some seconds. "I-I forgot," you managed to whisper, not daring to look into his eyes.
Roger sighed with annoyance, "Why is it that I'm showing more interest for something that only affects you? You literally don't give a fuck."

You didn't answer so he took that as a chance to keep talking his mind.
"I am the one who is doing everything about this job so you don't end up unemployed, and you don't even show an ounce of happiness. Do you even want to do this? I haven't seen you smile in weeks and you keep telling me you're okay. You only come out of the bedroom to eat. I've barely seen you. And you can't even make a simple call. I'm not angry just disappointed."

"What a surprise," you muttered to yourself. However, he had heard you and his fist striked the tabe making you jump and look at him with fear.

"WHAT A SURPRISE? AFTER EVERYTHING I'VE DONE FOR YOU? HOW CAN YOU BE SO UNGRATEFUL?" His screams were so loud that you were shrinking in your seat by the second, angrily looking at him with tears in your eyes.

"It's true though."

He stopped shouting to look at you while heavily breathing from the effort. "What are you talking about?"

"I know you're faking it." You bit your lip trying to keep your composture.

"Faking it?"

"You are just acting like you love me but deep down you just hate me."

Roger stood up there dumbfounded. He couldn't believe what you were saying. The light of his life thinking he hated her. He walked towards you and grabbed your shoulders, approaching until your faces were mere inches from each other.

"Why would you think I hate you, Y/N?"

"I can't do anything right, even when I try, it always ends up badly. I am lazy, rude and can't socialise. I'm sure you wouldn't choose me if you were given the chance to travel to the past."

"Y/N, my love, my sunshine. When will you understand? I would literally kill and die for you, even lie on your behalf. Hell, I love you more than I love myself. I don't care if you are rude; everyone has their hard days. I totally understand that. But please, don't say those things about you."

By the time he had finished his little speech you were sobbing in his arms. He quickly embraced you and kissed you on the top of your head.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry..." you repeated time after time until Roger shushed you.
"It's okay Y/N. You're okay."

No, you were not okay, but maybe with the help of Roger, the pain would become a bit more bearable.