David Gilmour #6

TW: suicide attempt

Water envelops you and you sink further and further. You barely can see the rays of sun that pierce the ocean waves and illuminate your surroundings making them seem ethereal. If only you could admire it. Instead your head is plagued by words.

A phone call. A girl yelling at you and threatening you about what she would do if you dared contact her or any of her friends again. What had happened that made them feel like that? You clutch your chest as the words ring in your head: worthless, toxic, manipulative. Weirdo. A fucking weirdo.

That's what you are.

No one is going to love you. Isn't that what you've been told time after time? Maybe they're right. You'll end up alone. Alone. That word holds so much significance and yet... it feels empty in your mouth.

You're not making sense. Keep focused. How did you reach here? Oh, yes, you were on a trip to San Tropez with the boys. Such a beautiful city. David struggled to make himself understood by the natives. You would always laugh at him before jumping in the conversation in his aid.

The way he holds your waist, making sure nothing happens to you. Then why? Why did he leave you? There was no one as you woke up in the hotel room.  No one that prevented you from walking outside the room and walking until you reached the cliff. Such a good view, you had told David some days ago. Now that conversation felt so far away.

You are exhausted. Not even tears come to you. The water seems so inviting. The sunrise indicating the start of a new brand day. Yet it feels mocking to you. Look how others do better than you. You are not needed. You are just a bother. Annoying. You're just a freak.

"And they're right."

The last thing you whisper before putting yourself into gravity's hands. Cold water embraces you, making you feel numb. Good, at least you won't suffer.

The plan was sinking but why do you feel like you want to move your fingers, your hands, your arms? The sun looks so inviting now. But it's too late now.

Closing your eyes, you farewell this world. Maybe, just maybe, the next life will hold more mercy for you.

As you finally pass out, you barely register a tug on your wrist.

David emerges from the cold water with a gasp. He doesn't let himself recover, instead putting your head above the surface as soon as possible. Roger and Rick look concerned from the beach sand. Nick went to call a doctor that could help you.

Your limp body weighs so much in his arms, it makes him feel sick in his stomach. He carefully puts you on a towel and leans his ear to your chest, in search of a heartbeat. He panics until he notices a very faint one. However, he can't hear your breathing.

Once, you told him that when someone drowned, you had to make sure all the water left the organism as to make sure it didnt cause any harm in the body. He proceeds to put his hands on your chest and push. Rythmic pushes. Every three ones, he presses your nose and blow air into your mouth.

He would laugh about your awkward position with him on top of you in any other case but right now he is too concerned. He does the procedure some more times until finally you cough, spitting sea water and he almost cries in relief.

"Is she okay?," Roger softly asks. However, David doesn't answer, instead hugging you and sobbing into your shoulder.

"Why did you do that, Y/N?" You open your eyes a crack and just see hair. David's cologne fills your nostrils. "Why the fuck did you jump?"

You open your mouth, throat too dry to articulate entire sentences. You only manage to whisper a word. "Da...vid..." He immediately shushes you and hugs you even tighter.

He saw you jump and rushed to save you. He couldn't wrap his head around the idea of losing you. No, he wouldn't ever forgive himself if you died.

Finally, the whole situation dawns on you and you start sobbing in David's arms, apologising over and over. He sushes you and strokes your hair while you cling to his shirt, dampening his shoulder with your tears.

"You are not alone, Y/N. I'm not gonna abandon you. Ever. I love you."