Syd Barrett #4

You are laying on the floor of your house rooftop beside your husband Syd. His long strands tickle your neck as he cuddles further into your embrace. It is a clear night, the night of your anniversary, and you can see the whole Milky Way. Both of you trace it with your eyes, enjoying the silence and marvelling at the stars.

Finally you break the silence.

"Say, Syd." He hums as a way to tell you that he is listening. "Do you remember when we first met?"

Syd chuckles and looks at you with those eyes you have been infatuated with all these years. "Of course I do, Y/N. I remember everything."

You grin as he continues. "I even remember practising how to ask you out to the mirror."

At that you can't help but laugh. "Really?"
Syd nods. "It always came out too corny and I didn't have the courage, but in the end, Roger threatened me to kick my ass if I didn't confess to you. So I did and now we're here."

"I think many more things happened in between, Syd."

💎 ¸.¸..¸• ۩۞۩ • ¸.¸.💎

"So now you're both dating?"

Syd sighed with exasperation. "Yes, Roger, we're dating."

"Well, well, well, look at that. Little Syd getting all the girls." Roger loudly whistled.

Syd groaned in displeasure and put his face in his hands to hide the faint blush that coated his cheeks. "Will you please stop that? It's embarrassing."

"The boys are gonna be so happy for you. They placed a bet on you getting with Y/N."

"They did what!?"

"Don't act so surprised, mate. You two fit so well together but you're the most oblivious persons I've ever met."

"Roger, did you bet money too?"

"I... yes."

"Screw you."

💎 ¸.¸..¸• ۩۞۩ • ¸.¸.💎

Your back collided the wall behind you, leaving you without air in your lungs. With a cough, you looked up without saying a word. The two girls who were in front of you looked at you with disgust in their eyes. One of them grabbed your shirt and pulled you towards her.

"Watch out, Y/L/N. You don't want to know what I'll do to you if I see you near Barrett again. I was supposed to be with him." Her words were laced with venom.

At the lack of your response, she huffed and pushed you harshly making you stumble backwards and trip, falling down on the tiled floor.

The two girls left the bathroom laughing but you could make out their last words.

"What did he even see in that loser?"