Chapter Thirteen

The next morning sunlight poured through my curtains and bounced off the walls turning them the same light pink as my curtains. Self-consciously I rubbed my hand on my baby bump beneath my Coca-cola t-shirt.  I thought about yesterday and how it went telling my parents that I was pregnant. If nobody had gotten stressed and took alcohol for it, and if nobody gave any to Anthony who got drunk it would have been an alright night. I groaned and rolled over in bed to check my phone. No new messages, I rolled back over to my back and stared up at the ceiling.
     Did Anthony remember last night that he tried to seduce me into sleeping with him or was he to drunk to even remember? I bit my lip, I wonder if he knew how much he hurt me last night. I know it wasn't completely his fault, he couldn't think clearly with all the alcohol in his system, but still.....
     Just then I was interrupted out of my thinking by my FaceTime ring tone to the song 'Señorita'. Picking my phone up I looked at the caller ID. my eyes widened it was Anthony, I sat up straight, I didn't know why, but the fact that he was calling me after an awkward day yesterday made me self aware with how I looked. I quickly pulled my blanket up to hide my pjs and pushed my matted down bed hair behind my back as I sat up against my bed post and answered his chat.
     Anthony's face showed on my screen, his eyes were puffy and honestly he looked like shit. I could see his pillow case under his head so he must still be in bed as well. "You look awful." I remark.
      He rubbed his forehead, "I feel like ten semi trucks ran into me last night." He groaned.
       "A hangover will do that to you."
         "I got to admit I remember telling your parents you're pregnant, but after that is all a blur. What happened?"
         "You drank three cans of beer in like an hour. You were totally wasted."
         "Ugh..." Anthony groaned closing his eyes. "I did stupid shit didn't I?"
          "No, no you were just drunk." I quickly said. I didn't have the heart to tell him how he tried to seduce me into sleeping with him.
          He frowned and held his phone screen closer to his face, "No, there's something more you're not telling me."
       "Why.. Why would you think that?" I said hoping I didn't stammer too much.  
        "You're holding onto your right arm right at the elbow with your left hand. You only do that when your nervous."
        I looked down at my arm realizing he was right, I was holding onto my right arm with my left hand.  How did he even know I was doing that! I dropped my left arm to my side and looked back up into my phone screen.
        "Shit did I hurt you?" He blurted out before I could speak.
         "No you're fine Anthony."
          "It's not fine if it makes you upset. Jules tell me what did I do?"
          "You may have told my parents that I was rough in bed and then when I took you home you tried to seduce me into sleeping with you. You told me it would be fun, those were the same words Sal said before he.... I'm sorry, it just flipped a switch in me I kicked you out of my car." rubbed my right arm with my left hand.
           "No Jules, don't ever apologize do you hear? None of the things that happened to you are your fault." His voice softened, "Jules, I'm so sorry I hurt you. I shouldn't have drunk those three cans of beer, I was stupid."
          "It's okay Anthony, you were drunk, it was my parents who shouldn't have offered you beer." I paused, "When do you want to tell your mom about me being pregnant?"
          Anthony ran a hand through his black curly hair, "How about tomorrow?"
         "That's work for me, but first I want to tell Lexi. I think she should know."
           He raised an eyebrow, "The truth?"
           I sighed, "No Anthony I told you it's too late for that. After seeing us together I doubt she believes anything excuses I even tell her. Like hey you know I only pretended to sleep with your brother to cover up my rape and my pregnancy? It doesn't sound good Anthony."
           "I didn't say the truth would be easy." He smiled.
            He was right, the truth was just plain difficult. "She won't even talk to me Anthony." I said quietly.
           "Then you go to her tomorrow. She'll be home, you come tomorrow early and tell her then we'll tell my mom."
           I gave him a small smile, "I gotta go Anthony."
            "Me too, I have to be at the movie theater soon for my shift."
          We said goodbye and I laid my phone down. Leaning against my bed post I sighed. Could Lexi handle the truth? Would she believe me or would she think I'm a liar? So many questions burned my head. I wanted to fix things with Lexi I really did, but what if telling her the truth made things worse?
        Biting my lip I pulled Lexi's number and it call. Ring.....ring..... "Come on, Lexi pick up." I mumbled.  
        "Hey you reached Lexi. I'm unavailable to answer my phone, if you're anyone other than my ex best friend leave a message and I'll get back to you.... Byeee." Lexi's voice held long on the word 'bye' then there was a beep.
       "Hey Lexi, it's me. Listen I know you don't want to hear from me right now, but something happened and I really need to talk to you. Please call me back." I hung up and looked down at the home screen on my phone. It was a picture of Lexi and me with our arms around each other tightly and we were laughing. I sniffed and wiped my nose on my blanket I remembered memories of Lexi and me.
        I threw my phone on my bed and stood up, if she wouldn't talk to me I guess I'll do what Anthony said and go to her.
        For the rest of the day I stayed home. I checked Facebook, watched Once Upon a Time, and felt a little nauseous from pregnancy or from nerves I couldn't really tell.