|| Chapter Twenty-Three: Secrets ||

----

Guide:

(Y/n)=(Your/name)

{Word Count: 2135}

----

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

Waking up to the daily morning announcement like always, I awoke from my slumber. The announcement acted as my alarm clock everyday at 7 am; without it, I would probably sleep through the whole day. Before heading to breakfast, I decided to take a shower and change my uniform. The only change of clothes were another pair of the same uniform, but I didn't mind it.

I headed over to the dining hall to get something to eat, but when I walked in I saw Taka and Mondo laughing noisily together. When I passed by them and went into the kitchen to make myself breakfast, I could overhear the two of them talking to one another.

"Ahaha! Watcha talking about bro?!" Mondo remarked.

"Bahaha, no, what are you talking about?!" Taka babbled. 

They went back and forth, stating the same phrase over and over then chuckling after. I had made myself a plate of my favorite simple breakfast then went back into the dining hall, seating myself at a table where Hina and Sakura were also seated. After taking a few bites of my food, I questioned, "what's up with Mondo and Taka?"

Hina looked away from the two, answering, "I dunno...they've been like this all morning. It's kinda weird..."

"Weird?! Hell no! This ain't weird at all," Mondo yelled, clenching his hand into a tight fist.

"Forget them bro, they don't understand our manly bond. Our friendship is stronger than blood!" Taka screamed out. Mondo wrapped his arm around Taka's shoulder, commenting, "what you just said was cool as shit, bro."

The two laughed at each other as the rest of us sat there in confusion. What the hell happened to where they became best friends in the span of a day?

The rest of the time I spent in the dining hall eating, all I could hear was Mondo and Taka speaking about their newfound friendship. As soon as I finished eating my breakfast, I had cleaned up and then left the dining hall. It was an uneventful morning so far; the mornings were now boring without Junko to talk to every morning.

I went back to my dorm, sitting upon the luxurious bed and staring at the red wallpaper that coated the walls. How pitiful; I was bored and had no idea what to do. This killing game truly was pitiful. I stifled a yawn as I pondered what to do. I could talk to the others if I wished to, but who to talk to and where to start?

I sighed; this truly isn't the way for a protagonist to act, is it? I'm sure Junko wouldn't want to see me like this, would she? 

"Snap outta it!" I gushed, lightly smacking my face with both hands. A smile made its way onto my face. There is no use moping around doing nothing; I should make the most out of my time while I can. I got up and made my way to the door, exiting the room. 

I scanned the hallway, spotting Chihiro standing by her dorm. Deciding to give it a shot, I sauntered over to the female. "Um, good morning Chihiro."

Chihiro turned her attention to me, a small smile spreading across her features. "Oh! Um, go-good morning, (Y/n)!"

I cleared my throat a bit. "I was just wondering if perhaps you would like to hang out with me today?" 

"Oh, I-I guess we could hang out together!" 

My smile grew a bit larger and a small giggle escaped from my parted lips. Chihiro fiddled with her fingers, nervously glancing up at me.

Chihiro and I stood in the hallway and talked back and forth about a few different topics, learning more about one another. After spending some time with Chihiro, I felt we had grown a bit closer. Before I knew it, hours had passed by.