|| Chapter Thirty-Nine: Drowsy Performance ||

----

Guide:

(Y/n)=(Your/name)

(h/c)=(hair/colour)

(s/c)=(skin/colour)

(e/c)=(eye/colour)

{Word Count: 3,232}

----

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

The slight morph of expression on Celeste's face was confirmation of my presumption. I grinned slightly, satisfaction drowning out the former concerns I held about this trial. Though she tried to hold a poker face as her red irises lingered at the side of her narrowed eyes, I had already caught the sudden twitches of her now quivering lips and the fiddling of her pale fingers. A certain aura radiated from her, one that I had not seen from her before.

Fear.

She cleared her throat, beginning to walk away from me. "I do not know what you are referring to," she stated. The clicking of her heels against the tile seemed especially loud as I focused my attention on her. Like a predator selecting its prey, I had my eyes glued on the Ultimate Gambler. This was one bet she would not win.

Though it would be a bit boring to call her out right away, wouldn't it? You never begin the climax of a story only to resolve it right away.

Everyone was now stationed at their assigned podiums. The room seemed emptier than ever now. Perhaps that was because it was; there were only just a few of us left now. I noticed that the theme of the trial room had changed yet again. The colour pallet was more mellow now, the wallpaper a lovely shade of blue and teal stripes. There were also a few moons hung up on the wall as well. I wonder why Monokuma decided those would be a suiting theme for this trial.

"My, oh my! I just adore seeing how few of you there are in this trial room now!~" Monokuma giggled as he sat down on his throne. "What's with those faces? And yeesh! (Y/n) looks really intimidating right now.."

Everyone turned to look at me.

"Uhh, no she doesn't?" Hina quirked an eyebrow. "She looks like...totally chill right now."

"Oh, does she? Maybe it's just me then..." I noticed Monokuma smirk at me for just a second. "Anyways, that's not the point! Let's get this show on the road! Woohoo!! So excited for this!"

Hiro sniffled, cleaning his running nose on the white sleeves of his button-up shirt. "Why do you make us do such horrible things to each other...?"

Monokuma's smile faded. A scoff came from him as he rolled his eyes. "Isn't it obvious by now? You guys are so stupid. I want to spread the despair that seeps inside my soul to all of you. It's my job, it's my purpose. Get it through your thick skulls!" Hiro flinched at the sudden yell from the male sitting on the throne.

Monokuma grew amused of the fear radiating from Hiro. His frown slowly grew to a smirk which had then evolved into a wide grin as he broke into a fit of laughter. Clutching his stomach and smacking the armrest of the throne, Monokuma couldn't even form a sentence. 

"Stop goofing around and begin the trial already!" Byakuya demanded. 

"Shut it, Byakuya! I start the trial when I wanna! Don't rush me, stupid head!" Monokuma's laughter ended. He pouted and crossed his arms, turning his head to the side with his nose pointed up towards the high ceiling.

We all were forced to wait until Monokuma's little fit had ended. Luckily, it only took a few seconds for Monokuma to grow bored of pouting.

The trial was commenced.