|| Chapter Fourteen: Motives ||

----

Guide:

(Y/n)=(Your/name)

(L/n)=(Last/name)

(N/n)=(Nickname)

{Word Count: 1866}

----

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

Upon stepping into the room, I could clearly see many seats and desks with a video-player installed into it. Resting on one of those desks was a cardboard box. I slowly step into the room, making my way towards that cardboard box. 

As I stood in front of the box, I could clearly see some things inside the box. I open it completely to see that it had many DVDs stacked neatly inside, each one having a label with a student's name.

"What did you find, (N/n)?" Junko questions, stepping beside me. I glance up to her and respond, "I found some DVDs with everyone's names on them...I think these are the videos that are individualized for the each of us."

I turn my attention back to the box of DVDs, the items seeming to just rob me of all awareness. I stood there in place as I slowly reached my hand into the box. I pulled out a DVD with my name on it and glanced back at the desk. The DVD player seemed to have the ability to play this DVD just fine without any sort of issue.

Seeing that I had found my DVD, everyone else began to dig through the box to find their own. Once everyone had found their DVD, they had gone to sit down at the desk to watch the video.

I insert the disk into the DVD player, the screen lighting up before me. I put on the headphones and await for the video to start. After loading a bit, I soon saw a video of my parents sitting at a table. Their faces were lit up in smiles as they began to speak.

"Do your best, (Y/n)! I'm so proud of you for making it into Hope's Peak!" my mother spoke.

"Be sure to try your hardest! But remember, don't overwork yourself!" my father exclaimed. 

My parents continued to smile at the camera, the video then freezing on the frame of them smiling together. It had seemed almost like a normal video, but given the fact that this is a killing game, I feel like it's anything but a normal video.

Just like I had suspected, I was correct. The video then began to glitch out, it soon coming up to another scene. The table my parents were originally at was empty and smashed to pieces. The room was now horribly messy and lots of things were broken. My eyes widen and a gasp escapes from my parted lips. 

The sound of a voice then erupts from the monitor, that voice being his voice. 

"(Y/n) (L/n), a girl accepted into Hope's Peak Academy for her amazing acting talent. Her parents were so happy about this, but I wonder what happened to them? Oh boy, this is terrible! What could have happened here?" Monokuma's voice boomed from the video.

After he spoke, the words, "Look for the answer after graduation!" appeared on the screen. It lingered on the screen for a while before it soon began to fade away into the darkness. I clench my fist tightly and grind my teeth, ripping on the headphones.

I could feel anger and fear boiling up within me as I stared at the black screen. What the hell Monokuma?!

"Damn it!" I yell, banging my fist down onto the desk. Around me, everyone let out different wails expressing the same emotions.

"What the fuck?!"

"T-This can't be real!"

"There i-isn't anyway this is real...right?!"