1.3

friday, 01:17

the clock ticked and tocked for hours, the doors stayed closed. yangyang stared idly at the slender, rectangular piece of plastic that spun around the clock's chalky white face.

"hyung?"

yangyang turned to his coworker. "yeah?"

"how long are you here til again?" sungchan asked from his little perch up on the counter.

"three. you?"

"three."

"damn."

yangyang was getting the hang of the language quicker than he'd anticipated. he was never more grateful for his mom making him study english now that he had to pick up another tongue.

"you doing anything fun this weekend?"

"i wish. i have a lot of homework. why do you ask?"

sungchan shrugged. "just looking for something to get out of the house for. other than work, i mean. my new roommate is.. interesting and i don't wanna sound condescending but i gotta get out of there for a night."

"how so?" yangyang inquired with a faint smile. oh how he missed having normal people problems.

"well, he's nice and all but he's foreign and his korean isn't that great yet. and he can't even use a dishwasher."

"i'm not phenomenal at it either."

"are you kidding? i told you, your korean is really impressive. he's way worse than you."

"i meant the dishwasher part," yangyang laughed. "where's he from?"

"japan." sungchan swayed his legs to the background music that had turned to white noise what felt like ages ago.

"i thought korean was easy to learn from japanese?" yangyang's brows furrowed with a tilt of his head.

a drawn out sigh left sungchan's lips. "i thought so too."

"he can't be that bad. i hated my brother's friends when i moved here but we're friends now. so maybe give it some time."

sungchan perked up. "really?"

"really," he nodded, "they speak chinese so they're helping me with my korean."

"aw that's sweet. are any of them like, cute?" sungchan had to be so bored if he was taking this conversation route. but unfortunately, yangyang wasn't in the position to be shooting down conversation topics with two hours left to kill.

"well.." yangyang trailed off with a look back to the clock, not really wanting to get into it but not wanting to be rude either.

sungchan hopped down from his seat on the countertop. "oh my god, who's cute?!"

yangyang shook his head. "it's pointless, i'm not sure how old any of them are yet but he's probably too old for me anyway."

sungchan blinked like a deer in headlights. "he?"

"oh, yeah." yangyang slapped himself mentally. great, outed myself in asia, phenomenal start. what an idiot move. "is that.. like a problem?" he hesitated.

sungchan didn't know if he should've told yangyang that he just assumed it was a grammar mistake, so he didn't. "huh? no! no, no, of course not. 21st century, dude. good for you."

yangyang gave an awkward smile, not sure what exactly the right response would be.

"so, what's he look like?"

"what?" yangyang asked.

"the guy. big bro's pal-i-o," sungchan nudged yangyang with his elbow.

"please never say that in my presence again," yangyang managed to joke with a straight face. "anyway, uh. he's got like, blondish hair? it's really cool."

"oh fun," sungchan chimed in.

"right?" yangyang threw his head back in some kind of frustration, "ugh, i think he hates me though."

"i thought you all were getting along?"

"well we are, just except me and him. he's been kinda standoffish? hes just an intimidating dude," yangyang shrugged.

"well, you'll still see him though, right? there's no deadline to make a good impression."

"yeah, i guess you're right."

(a/n: yes hello, i've risen from my coffin out of pure spite and this chapter is a filler that i've been procrastinating getting out of the way for literally six months, embarrassing. anyway, vote and follow me :)