0.7

saturday, 09:24

yangyang yawned and stretched out his arms before rolling out of bed, the wood floor cold on his bare feet.

he didn't have to start work until tuesday, thank god. all he had on the agenda today was a quick walk down to the bank to set up an account and then he could lie on the couch and binge whatever show he wanted.

typically he would enjoy having this much time to spend with himself but he wasn't having a great few weeks. his brother moving him out to seoul just to put him in an apartment by himself didn't make him feel great. granted, it was a lovely apartment and he was grateful-he just felt unwanted. like he was this burden that taeyong had felt too bad to leave back alone in germany.

it had been a week since he'd gotten to the large city and he wasn't really sure what to do with himself. he didn't have to start work until nearly mid week and was still on the waitlist for online school (he wasn't satisfied enough in his korean skills to enroll at a university).

he got dressed, carelessly throwing on some socks, jeans and a sweater. he stepped out through his living room to the kitchen to get something for breakfast, but stopped walking when he noticed a neon green slip of paper under his front door. he was puzzled to say the least. the apartment's mailboxes were at the end of every floor's main hallway. why would someone slide something under his door?

yangyang kneeled down to grab the twice folded sheet of paper. his brows furrowed in confusion while he tried to understand the letter. the handwriting was neat but his reading skills still needed much work.

after a minute or so he was able to deduce that it was an invitation to a party down the hall. he assumed it was because he was a new neighbor and they were just being polite. he crumpled up the paper and tossed it behind himself carelessly.

going to a party where he doesn't know anybody and would hardly even understand anything? not for yangyang.

he grabbed a poptart packet out of the pantry and slipped into his sneakers to head out the door.

yangyang mentally rehearsed what he would say later while he waited for his turn with the bank teller. he didn't have an appointment but they were having a pretty slow day so they managed to fit him in. yangyang was still very insecure about his korean skills but he was confident he could do this.

"yangyang, liu?"

he stood up from the seat, his hands a bit shaky. "i can do this, i'm yangyang," he whispered to himself over and over as he stepped towards the teller's desk. "hello, i'm-"

yangyang's attention was torn from the man at his desk, along with everyone else in the large room.

five men in all black with skull masks, each with an m-16 or something larger that yangyang couldn't identify. one in the front-the leader, yangyang presumed-jumped over the counter at the other side of the room, instructing the men and women to get away from the counter and on the ground.

although it was tough to tell what anybody was saying, yangyang knew what was going on. although completely understanding the situation, he was frozen-unaware of it, too.

until of course, the barrel of a gun was pointed between his eyes.

his adrenaline kicked in and suddenly, he could comprehend what was being spoken. "don't try to be a hero, kid. it'd be a shame if i had to kill you-"

"wait stop!" another masked man spoke up, "that's the kid!"

"what?" the man looked back at yangyang and lowered his weapon. "holy shit, you're right. boys get the hell out of here!" he shouted, making a break for the exit.