0.8

sunday, 08:26

taeyong woke up to the most obnoxious sound anyone could hear: a doorbell being rung over and over.

he wasn't sure how long this was going to last, but he was sure of one thing-whoever kept pressing that god forsaken button was going to regret it. he forced himself out of bed, rubbing the feeling of sleep out of his eyes and exiting his room. he walked down the huge wooden staircase at the end of the hall towards the front door. he swung it open and the ringing stopped.

he was met with a very tired and angry yangyang. "what the fuck, taeyong?"

the older brother was taken aback. "what are you mad at me for?! i tried to call you yesterday and you hung up on me!"

"because you kill people for a living!"

taeyong's eyes stared right into yangyang's soul. he grabbed yangyang by his wrist and pulled him inside before slamming the door and locking it shut. "sit."

yangyang, terrified, sat down right on the floor.

"on the couch, you idiot." yangyang took a seat on the couch, still clearly mad.

"is this where you kill me?"

taeyong sighed. "yang, i'm not-"

"don't call me that."

taeyong rolled his pretty eyes. "i'm not gonna hurt you. calm it."

"then what are you gonna do? tell one of your rats to take me out?"

"why do you even think that? how could you think so little of me? after everything i've done for-"

"don't pull that card. i know about your little list. i know you could kill me in a heartbeat, just stop lying to me," yangyang's face made taeyong feel bad. his eyes were nearly glossed over with tears, the skin under his eyes was dark and his hands couldn't stay still.

"yangyang, i want you to listen to me, okay?" yangyang gave him a look to continue. "i know you're probably really pissed at me and you have every right to be. i should've told you the truth but i was selfish and scared, i'm sorry." taeyong took a deep breath. "i don't know what you heard or where you heard that but it's true. i'm the head of a crime family and i just didn't want you getting hurt."

"so you really like.. kill people?"

taeyong nodded. "i only kill bad people, yang."

"that makes you just as bad! you're a murderer!"

"i've only killed people if i had to. it's not for fun. and you know i'd never hurt you. i'm your brother, i'm here to protect you. i love you so much, yang."

"i know." yangyang wouldn't meet his eyes.

"where did you hear all this from?" taeyong tried to speak as lightly as he could to get the answer he wanted.

yangyang shrugged. "some drunk."

"no name?"

"i think it was jungwoo or something like that? bright red hair, too."

'jungwoo. i should've known.'

"well, since you know it's only fair for me to offer for you to be part of the family." yangyang looked up at him like he was crazy. "it'll be fun, i'd even let you pick what unit you want to go into!"

yangyang shook his head. "i'm going home. there is something.. wrong with you."

"yangyang, just hear me out," taeyong tried to reason.

"no! i'm going home!" yangyang stomped to the door and flung it open. five men stood before him outside-a blonde, a brunette, two ravenettes, and a very pretty one with silver hair. "uh, taeyong?"

taeyong stepped to see who was outside. "oh, sorry i didn't know they were coming." taeyong glared at the blonde.

"sorry, boss. we wanted to run some ideas by you but we can come back later," the blonde spoke. yangyang could make out what they were saying decently. the man was maybe a few inches taller than him but much broader, intimidating.

yangyang bit down on his bottom lip-a nervous habit. he wanted to get out of that house more than anything.

the shortest of the few men, a revenette, eyed yangyang up and down. "hey, quit biting your lip before i do it for you."

"watch it." taeyong's eyes nearly burned holes through the man's head.

"i-.. excuse me, i was just going," yangyang spoke to the men in front of him, trying to avoid eye contact.

"actually, yangyang, stay for a minute."

the other ravenette gasped loudly before yangyang could respond. "is that him? he's so precious," he whispered.

the tall brunette elbowed the former in the side. "stop acting like an idiot."

yangyang was beyond uncomfortable. he felt eyes on him and he hated it.

taeyong gestured for the men to step inside, shutting the door, not even giving yangyang the chance to leave.

"taeyong-"

"yang, i want you to meet my transportation team. we call them wayv." taeyong gestured to the blonde man with perfect posture, "this is a caporegime of mine, kun."

"taeyong i'm-"

"these are ten, sicheng, hendery and xiaojun," taeyong pointed to each intimidating guy respectively. yangyang took note that the pretty one's name was xiaojun.

taeyong continued to cut yangyang off and it made his blood boil. "taeyong for the love of god shut the fuck up! i don't want to be friends with your stupid fat bitch capor or whatever he's called! or his stupid goons!" yangyang stormed out and slammed the door on his way.

a moment or two passed of an uncomfortable silence.

"i'm not fat, am i?" kun frowned.

"that's not the fucking problem right now, qian." taeyong huffed. "i've got a job to do. come back at 6 with whatever plan you guys have."

"you got it," hendery nodded.

later that night, the doorbell rang. taeyong brought his team of five back into his home.

an unsettled look rested upon their faces while taeyong remained calm and his usual self. the very clear smell of bleach in the room was worrisome.

taeyong had killed someone. in here. in his own home.