0.3

wednesday, 15:30

it had barely been a fortnight since taeyong came back to germany. 13 days.

taeyong and yangyang sat in their home's living room, a calm but awkward silence upon them. they'd gotten back home from their mother's funeral-which is tough to make conversation after.

"yang?"

"hm"

"do you..do you have anywhere to go?"

"uh" he paused, "i mean i'm in a house now so i think so?"

"you're only eighteen, you won't be able to afford to keep this place running."

yangyang frowned. "i'm nineteen by the way."

"sorry. do you have a job?"

"yeah, i work at a 7-eleven on weekends," yangyang answered. "i could probably fit in another two jobs when i don't have classes-"

"i thought you finished school?" taeyong shot him a confused look.

"well i finished high school," yangyang clarified.

"holy shit you're in university?"

"i'm pretty sure yeah." taeyong stared at him with his jaw dropped. "what?"

"you're becoming a real adult and no one cared to tell me?"

yangyang looked down. "i didn't think you would've cared. sorry."

"why wouldn't i care? i'm so fucking proud of you, you should tell me everything!"

"you're proud of me?" yangyang met his eyes.

"of course i'm proud of you! you're in school, you're healthy, you've even got a job!" taeyong wrapped his arm around his brother's shoulder.

yangyang giggled, "i'm just like all the other kids at my school, hyung. you don't have to say you're proud of me."

"well i am proud of you. and i doubt the kids at school are as handsome as you."

"you actually think i'm handsome?" yangyang was waiting for the punchline.

"of course! you aged great. not as well as me obviously but you'll get there." they both laughed. "anyway, about you getting other jobs to cover this place, i don't want you doing that."

"what? why not? i can do it it's not a huge deal-"

"yangyang, i want you to come live with me."

"like in korea?!" yangyang's eyes and mouth were open wide in shock.

"yeah. i don't want you here by yourself working a whole five jobs when you could come stay with me," taeyong reasoned.

the brunette didn't know what to think. so many thoughts were swimming through his head so fast. "hyung, i have school and my friends and.. " yangyang looked down, "i can't.  i'm sorry."

taeyong sighed. "yangyang that's not safe. besides you can talk to your friends online, this is so much better for both of us."

"no! you don't get it i can't leave!"

"what don't i get?"

yangyang sighed. "i-i i just.. i don't know."

taeyong narrowed his eyes. "you don't know or you don't want to tell me?"

"both."

"well, what don't you want to tell me?"

"there's someone here i like a lot and i just-UGH. hyung, i really cant leave."

"you can talk to everyone over the phone, yangyan-"

"no i can't i don't have his number."

"then ask him for it??"

"dude, that's weird!"

"literally how is that weird, yangyang? literally just walk up to the guy and ask him for it," taeyong said like it was nothing.

"it's not that easy," yangyang looked down.

"well why the hell not?"

"it's stupid."

"i mean it must be if you're refusing to ask some dude for his number."

"uGH. you don't get it."

"then explain it to me!"

"i like him!" yangyang blurted out and regretted it immediately.

"oh."