Chapter 6

Lia  (Wednesday)

I finally came back to school after getting rid of that damn headache. I had missed school for the rest of Monday and the entire Tuesday. I had so much to catch up on that I could feel my nerves twirling and I already knew another headache was near. I needed time but high school didn't leave me any. I was just so tired. Tired physically because of that fucking limp and those headaches, and tired mentally from all the events that had happened the past few weeks. Rediscovering yourself sucked.

Thankfully, the girls had already given me their notes from the classes we shared together but they were classes that I didn't share with any of them, so the teachers had organized themselves to send me a bit of theirs, it was not a lot but at least it helped me catch up.

I sighed, limping my way to my locker.

"I'll leave you here. Is that OK? I have to go change, I have badminton this morning,"  Ryujin said, making a displeased face.

The funny thing is that as I got to know her more I learned that she didn't like sports very much despite being a cheerleader. It was a weird contradiction but then again, it was Ryujin we were talking about. The girl was full of contradiction. Always searching for a fight and acting like a bitch but she was actually really caring and insecure. Never trust the appearances I guess.

"Yes...Yes...I will be fine,"

"Ok," She smiled, patting my shoulder " See you at lunch,"

I nodded, continuing toward my locker.

I put the 6543 combination and opened it.

Unexpectedly, a flat folder instantly fell from inside it but luckily I caught it on time. Apparently, I still had a bit of reflex left. Good to know.

But what was this? It wasn't mine.

It was a simple black elastic folder. When I turned it around, I saw a sticky yellow note attached. On it, it said   « I thought you would need the science and literature lessons you missed, so I took the liberty to compiled what you've missed. Hope it helps. Take care of yourself :) Yeji.

P.S: Also please don't tell your friends. »

Seriously? Who was that girl?

And why was she doing this? What were her intentions? Everything about her made me so confused. Her attitude toward me and the attitude of others toward her. Yeji was a complete mystery.

I knew why she asked me not to tell the girls. If they knew, they would have ripped her apart. They didn't want her near me. They made that clear before.

I read the note again.

Without noticing, my confused face softened, slowly turning into a grinning one. When I noticed it, my smile faded. Why was I smiling? My eyes fell down on the folder again. Why was she so nice to me when I probably was, before my accident, a total bitch toward her? It didn't make sense.

I had noticed the condescending attitude of the girls toward everyone, the harsh words, the disdainful looks. I wasn't blind. Amnesic, yes, but not blind. I saw the way people looked at us with fear in their eyes or even avoided to come near us. The girls weren't confronting people directly often, it was more insulting them behind their backs or laughing at them. Every differences people had was an opportunity to attack them. They had that superior attitude, thinking like they were better than everyone else.

However, in Yeji case, she received the worst from them. If they had the chance to go physical with her, they most likely will, especially Ryujin. She hated her to an insane level. She made it her mission to get her expelled.