Chapter 10

The climb to the top of the treehouse has been hell for me. My leg was hurting so bad that I thought it was going to detach from my body halfway through but I was so determined to reach the top. I needed these answers, I was craving them so badly. A part of me was almost at my reach I couldn't let go.

Once on top, Yeji had prepared a chair for me I immediately sat on it, sighing heavily and abundantly sweating. I stretched my leg, trying to massage it through the fabric of my pants. This damn leg. Yeji kneeled in front of me with a really concerned expression on her face.

" Can I?" she asked, hands hanging in the air waiting for my permission.

I had no idea what she wanted to do but I nodded anyway, the pain was too much and at this point, I was in hope of a miracle. Also, I knew she wouldn't hurt me. I felt strangely safe when I was near Yeji and I somehow completely trusted her. I couldn't her but maybe my instincts did and that's why I felt this way.

Delicately, she put one hand on my knee and the other on my calf massaging it carefully. I closed my eyes, exhaling longly.

"Am I hurting you?"  she asked softly, stopping what she was doing.

I shook my head, hands gripping the sides of the chair for support. Please, don't stop.

"No...It act...actually feels better,"

"Good...good,"  she whispered, resuming the massage  "I read a lot of things on your injuries,"

My eyes snapped open, I looked at her however she was focused on my leg " I also did a lot of research on how to help with it. I watched videos on massage techniques and all. It doesn't seem like it but massages are actually really technical..."

Who was this girl? Seriously?

What did the old me do to deserve her?

Every time I interacted with her I got awestruck by her kind soul. She really seemed too good to be true. Every time I came in contact with her it felt like I was still in the coma and she was the guardian angel helping me to get out. She was an awkward angel but she was still an angel.

I pinched myself. No, everything was real.

I kept staring at her, taking some time to examine the sweet girl in front of me. She had a concentrated look on her face, her brows were slightly furrowed just enough the show the crease in between them. Her glasses were falling a little on the bridge of her nose but she didn't seem to care, too focused on the task at hand.

So many questions were burning my lips that I just couldn't keep quiet anymore. I had waited so long, I needed to know even if I didn't want to break the peaceful moment.

"Yeji?"

She looked up at me with the most innocent expression on her face and my heart skipped a beat. Was it what love felt like? Was it what 'old me' felt like when she was with Yeji?

"Yeah?"  she softly asked back, stopping the massage she was giving me and just like that I couldn't stop myself.

"How di...did we met? Did we me...met thr...through school? Were...we...ever friends? How did thin...things change? How did we..."

The questions kept coming out of my mouth one by one without me being able to stop them. Yeji brows were now raised so high that it was almost comical. She seemed shocked by my sudden outburst but I was too. She gestured her hands around to signal me to stop.

" Hey...Hey...stop...stop,"

I closed my mouth at once, shocked by my own behavior and let out a heavy sigh.