f i v e

PIPER

"Yeah, but it was just David going on about how this wedding needs to be perfect," I say leaning back on my hands.

"I'm sorry by the way, I know you don't want this." She smiles at me. 

"'Perks' of being in the mafia." I roll my eyes.

"You going to get Sebastian to walk you down the aisle?" 

"Hell no! I'm going to ask Pierce, I know he's going to say yes."

"That's a good choice, I would get him to walk me down the aisle too if I were you." 

"I just wish I had a say in this, why marry for power?"

"It's just the mafia rules, kind of better than a love marriage if I'm being honest. My parents swore they were the ones for each other, but as we grew they had consent fights. Would never stop unless me or my siblings walked in the room."

"True but you know what I mean, at least you can enjoy it while it lasts."

"Yeah, I'm going to go back home, see you at the wedding?"

"Yeah, goodnight." I smile giving her a hug.

"Goodnight." She walks away.

(wedding day)

"You're the worst person ever! I wish I was never born into this bullshit!" I yell at David who was standing beside my father.

"Well too bad! Because you're already born into this, now put on a smile and get your ass out there and marry the fucking guy!" David yells, then leaves with my father.

"Leave." I say sternly to my mother.

"W-wha-"

"Now!" She flinches before leaving.

"She didn't want this you know?" Pansy says, fixing my hair while looking at me through the mirror.

"Yeah, I'm just really fucking mad and annoyed right now that I don't know who to take it out on." The door opens, me and Pansy both look and see Pierce walking in.

I get off from the chair and hug him, as tightly as I can. I feel another pair of arms wrap around me, Pansy hugs me from behind. Me, Pansy, and Pierce stay hugging for a minute before we all pull away.

"Ready?" Pierce asks.

"No, but it's not like I have a choice." I sit down bedside Pansy, careful to not ruin the dress.

"You look beautiful by the way," he smiles.

"Thank you."

"Hey! Give me some credit, I did it all," Pansy says making us laugh.

"We should start now," Pierce says.

"Yeah alright." He helps me get up.

Me and my brother lock arms once we get to the entrance of the ball room. The music starts playing and we wait for all the bridesmaids and groomsmen to finish walking in. The last pair is my sister and Thomas Nott, Theodore's younger brother, I can tell on her face that she doesn't want to be here.

Pierce gives me the flowers and I take a deep breath, readying myself to walk in without exploding from the thoughts of killing my father.

"You sure we can't just run away now? We'll tell Pansy to meet us in the alleyway," I say to Pierce.

"I wish we could, maybe sooner into the future." He kisses the top of my head and we start walking inside the first ballroom.