t w e n t y ~ s e v e n

PIPER

It's been about a month since I left the hospital, since then I've been on bedrest, and haven't been able to do anything myself. Pansy's been living here since the shooting, refusing to go home. Theodore drowned himself in work.

I barley got to see him anymore, and I didn't like that.

We were together for the first two weeks I left the hospital, acting like a normal couple since we confessed our feelings, but he slowly started to get more work involved.

He was rarely home so Pansy took his place.

"Better now?" Pansy asks as I come out of the shower.

"I'm fine Pansy, go home, go to Kayla," I say sitting beside her on my bed.

"I saw her yesterday, it's fine."

"Pansy, I appreciate you being here and all, but you need to go home. You bought a house while I was in a coma and you're barley there, go," I say sternly.

"But I don't want to." She whines.

"Why not?"

"I'm scared."

"Of what?"

"The relationship, I'm scared I'm going to fuck it up like all my other ones."

"You never know, maybe this is the final one."

"Maybe, are you sure you're going to be okay?"

"Yes now go," I say. She hugs me before leaving.

"Finally," I groan turning the tv on.

After a couple of hours binge watching my shows, I go downstairs. I get something to eat and walk around, I stop in front of Theo's office.

Assuming he's not in there I walk in, but to my surprise he's there. I go to close the door, thinking he didn't see me but I'm stopped by his voice.

"Stop," he says. I look at him and he's still looking at his papers.

"I thought you weren't here, sorry."

"It's okay, come here."

I sit down in front of his table, waiting for him to say something.

"Are you oka-"

"Did I do som-"

We say at the same time.

"You talk." He says.

"Did I do something wrong?" I ask fidgeting with my nails.

"No, why would you think that?"

"You've been ignoring me," I say.

"No I haven't, this work stuff is a lot."

"Why would you get all this work all of a sudden? After we confess our feelings?"

"The Korean mafia, they're after us now."

"But why?"

"Blood for blood, my grandfather killed the current leader's grandfather and now the leader is aiming for me. They think I'm the youngest Nott, because my parents didn't announce Thomas' birth to other mafias."

"Why not?"

"I'm not sure, but all I know is that they're after me, and I don't need you stressing about it."

"Whatever." I roll my eyes and stand up, ready to leave but I stop and then back to him.

"When we were tied up in the basement, my father was talking about a file my mother gave you guys. And that it was really important."

"That's why he took you?"

"I guess, can I see it?" I ask nervously.

"Yeah here."

He passes a file across the table.