n i n e t e e n

PIPER

"So you two slept together?" Kelly asks as I walk to the kitchen to get ice cream.

"Yup, like 5 times," I groan.

"Girl, did you use a condom?" She asks and I stop in my tracks, I look back at her.

"Uh, I don't think so.." I say.

"And this was when we all hung out right?" She asks coming up to me.

"Yeah."

"That was a week ago, have you had any symptoms?"

"Not that I can rem- I puked like two days ago, but I thought it was just food poisoning from the food I ate at the restaurant."

"Let's go get the test, now!" She yells as I won't move.

(back home)

I take the test from the bag and go to the bathroom, I take it out of its packaging and take the cap off. I pull my shorts down and do what I need to.

I lay the test flat down on the sink and go out of the room and onto my bed with Kelly, she goes to check the test after the 5 minute timer goes off.

"What does it say?" I ask, she comes out with a disappointed look on her face.

"Great! Now my life is ruined!" I groan into the pillows.

"You should look for yourself."

I look up from the pillows and take the test from her hand, I look and it says negative I look at Kelly, and she looks scared and starts running.

"I hate you! I thought I was pregnant!" I yell at her as I chase her.

"I'm sorry! But I had to! The chance was there and I took it!" She yells as she goes in front of the couch.

I sit down on the couch as I run out of breath from chasing her for 10 minutes, she sits down beside me.

"I always hated that you were faster than me, and I'm in a goddamn mafia," I say and we laugh.

The door opens and we both look and see Theo coming inside, he puts his keys on the key rack and goes upstairs.

"Theo!" I yell.

"What!" He yells back from the stairs.

"Is everything okay? What did they say?"

"Nothing, they just said that I need to clean it every night, they're not sure if it'll go away or leave a scar." He comes down and sits on the couch opposite of us.

"If it leaves a scar than just get a badass tattoo over it," I shrug.

"Maybe, hey Kelly."

"Hey Theo, okay I'm going to go now. I'll see you soon."

"Alright, bye." She hugs me before leaving.

"I'm going to my room, let me know if it hurts or whatever," I say and he nods.

I go to my room and lay down on the bed, I go on my phone and block Elijahs number. I take out my other phone that I got specifically for him, and walk outside. I smash it on the floor, not like it cost that much anyway.

I walk back inside to my room and see Theo standing there with the pregnancy test box in his hand. He looks at me.

"Was it positive?" He asks.

"No, it came out negative."

"Oh."

"Why? Do you want a kid?" I ask laying down.

"I don't know, the thought of one is nice. But maybe in the future."

"Not with me..right?" I ask and he gets snapped out of his trance.

"Of course, not with you." He awkwardly laughs before leaving.