Forty-Eight; Perrie

Leigh-Anne's car pulled away, Jade's middle finger pressed against the window as my voice numbed from screaming for her to come back.

Zayn shook his head in silence, pulling his hand through his hair. I sighed and let the warm tears drip down my face in regret and sorrow. It was over. We were over. As much as I hated her at the moment, I hadn't meant what I'd said. I did love her. I could never live without her. I couldn't live with anyone else. I planned on being the old couple in the cute little blue house, the ones that give out candy to the neighborhood kids as random acts of kindness. Having kids of our own, raising them together with bags under our eyes and the scent of coffee on our skin in attempt to keep us alive. Laying down every night together, absentmindedly caressing her hand as I held it in my sleep. Doing everything with her. There wasn't a picture in my mind that didn't have her in it. I was in love with her. There were no regrets, no take-backs, no doubts all. Jade Amelia Thirlwall meant more to me than I could ever explain.

Liam stepped outside, patting my shaking shoulder lightly. "Hey, Perrie, you wanna stay here tonight?"

I sighed as I wiped under my eyes. "Jesy might get lonely. Lemme call her, check in and see what she's doin' tonight."

He nodded, and Zayn said, "You can sleep in Niall's room, since he hasn't been home at all today."

My nose scrunched up in disgust. "Niall's room? Is it clean?"

Liam chuckled. "Let's check."

With puffy eyes, I followed Liam to Niall's room, bracing myself. As expected, dirty clothes, food wrappers and garbage were shown on display throughout the room. A pair of boxers hung on the ceiling fan that spun above our heads.

"Well, now we know what Niall does for fun," I snorted. Liam laughed and backed me out of the room.

"I think you'll enjoy the couch more." He smiled. "Just a guess."

"Thank you for the adjustment," I giggled as I pulled out my phone to call Jes.

After three rings, Jesy answered, "Hello?"

"Jessica," I said in my Scottish accent.

"Perrie," she replied he same way.

I laughed. "What're your plans for tonight?"

"Just stayin' here. Why? What are yours?"

"Was gonna stay here."

"Yeah, where are you, by the way?"

Shit.

Shit. Shit. Shit shit shit shit.

"I'll explain later, text me!" I hung up quickly, my thumbs taking ages to find the red button to end the call.

"What was that?" Liam called from the kitchen. I ducked around the corner to see him making sandwiches with peanut butter and bananas.

"Nothing," I said slowly, tucking my thumbs into my front pockets. "Just the usual convo with Jesy, haha."

"Strange 'convo'," Liam surveyed.

I nodded. "Yup yup."

Zayn walked through the door, smelling of cologne and cigarettes. "That's a disgusting habit I hope you break soon," I added, pointing to the box of Marlboro cigarettes tucked between his long fingers.

"Keep dreaming," he snapped as he threw the pack onto the dining room table and snatched a sandwich from Liam.

"That one wasn't for you," pouted Liam.