Forget it

Kurapika's POV

A whole week has passed since Gon has come to school. I've been staying over at his house everyday since then to bring Zushi home and feed him. I also put food into the room Gon is in. I'm not sure if he actually eats it though. I've also been doing all the cleaning and buying food. I donMt want Zushi to go hungry because of Gon's agony.

This morning, I was about to walk out of Gon's house when I heard a door crack open. Zushi had left early so I knew it was Gon.

I rushed to the stairs to see how he was.
"Hey Gon. How are you feeling? Do you want breakfast?" I asked.
He shook his head in response but his head hung low. I didn't know what to do for him. I was at a loss for words so instead I just pulled him into a tight hug.
"Everything will be fine. Right?" Gon said as he buried his head in my shoulder.

When I let go he started putting his shoes on.
"Gon, you don't have to go to school if you don't want to. It's fine I already talked with the teachers." I reassured.
He looked me dead in the eyes and said "I want to."

I didn't question him any further and I waited for him to put on his shoes. I feel really happy that he's going back. I'm glad he's making an effort.

Killua's POV

I was walking down the street humming with my hands in my pockets when I heard footsteps. I would guess they were blondie's but they sounded too heavy. I turned around and saw Gon.

I dropped my bag and ran to hug him.
"Idiot." I mumbled.
"K-killua..?" I heard Gon quietly say.
It wasn't his normal happy voice. It was quiet. His voice sounded like he was in so much pain. He is in so much pain, and I can't help him.
"Why are you even here?" I asked pulling away from the hug.
Kurapika flicked my head hard.
"Ow! What was that for you bitchy blonde!?" I yelled.
"That was rude. Gon is obviously here to go to school like a normal day." Kurapika said as he looked at me with an "act normal" look.

I looked at Gon who had been looking down. He looked up at me and smiled. It was forced but at least it was something.

We got to class and we could hear mumbling and whispers all around us. Gon was always popular. Everyone liked him, and he would get asked out by numerous girls. They were probably all worried.

Gon paid no mind to it as he sat down and got his stuff out. Kurapika and I did the same, as we were trying to make the day as normal as possible.

Soon enough, it was lunch time. I walked with Gon to get his bread and then we came back to the class.
"So...guys, how's the whether?" Gon asked hesitantly, as if he was trying to force a conversation.
"It's sunny. As most spring days are.." kurapika replied.
"Yea." Gon said as he stared at his half eaten bread.
"God this is so awkward!" I snapped, "just have a normal conversation jeez!"

Kurapika glared at me. If looks could kill, I'd be dead.
"Sorry, Gon." I mumbled.
"It's fine, you're right. I know I'm being selfish by acting this way." Gon said.
"That's not what I meant. It's just a little weird to see you this way." I continued, "and what's with blondie over here being your housewife huh?" I finally asked.
I had actually been quite mad for awhile about that but I never brought it up.
"Housewife? I hardly think you could call it that. I'm simply helping my friend out. At least I actually helped him unlike some people." Kurapika retorted.

"At least I gave him personal space!" I argued back.
"I did give him space, but you couldn't tell because you never went to see him now could you." Blondie argued back.
While we were fighting we heard a laugh from Gon that we have not heard in a long time.
Kurapika and I both turned to face him and he had the biggest smile on his face.

Gon's POV

I was so happy to see them arguing like they did when everyone was happy. It's hard to come to terms with the fact that she won't come back, and it hurts, but it doesn't help when they act all weird around me. It reminds me more of the reality I'm in. I prefer them like this, acting normal and stupid. I was never really sure what words to say recently because anytime they looked at me they had a sad look on their face. But now they have a the stupid look they get when they argue. I'm glad.

"Why are you laughing idiot?" Killua questioned.
"Yea, that's a bit weird." Kurapika backed him up.
"I'm just, so glad." I said with a smile.

Killua and Kurapika looked at eachother with a confused look.
"When you guys act weird it just hurts more, I feel a bit more at ease when you guys are arguing because it's like when I first took Zushi to the park. Everyone was having fun that day." I explained, "I don't want you guys to treat me like I might break if you say something wrong. I'm strong you know, I'll be fine.

Kurapika looked at me with his soft smile he used to give me.
"Gon I would like to apologize for being so inconsiderate. I was trying to not hurt you but instead I made you feel worse." Kurapika said as he stood up and bowed.
"Er, I'm sorry too..?" Killua said as he scratched his head.

Lunch was over and we finished class as normal. When we got out Killua said bye to us and we left.
"So Gon. Are you really okay?" Kurapika asked on our way to get Zushi.
I stood silent for a moment.
"Yea I'm fine." I said with a forced smile.

The truth is, I still can't wrap my head around the facf that she won't come home, or hug me when I'm sad, or make me rice when I'm sick. And I hate it. I hate all of it. Why did she even leave in the first place? I can't even remember anymore. I could feel myself start to tear up so I quickly brushed off the thought.

We got to the school and picked up Zushi and he looked so sad. It must be even harder for him, he is younger than me. Mr. Wing is his adoptive father so that's his only family member as well. Looking at Zushi's face I was reminded that I'm not the only one in pain. I can't be selfish. So instead I forced a big smile and tried to start a normal conversation with Zushi.

"So Zushi, how was school?" I asked.
"Fine." He replied while looking at the floor.
"Learn anything new?"
"No"
"Is there anything you want for dinner specifically?"
"No"
"Well if you want we can-"
"Can you leave me alone already??" Zushi cut me off.
"Sorry.." I said. I could feel my smile fade as I looked at the floor.

We finally got in the house and Kurapika immediately started making dinner as if it was normal for him. Now that I think about it, he has been making Zushi food. Now I feel even worse. If kurapika wasn't here, he would've starved. I'm just a bad babysitter.

Oh. That's right. I'm no longer his babysitter. I'm more of his guardian now. Like a big brother. I would be happy if it were under different circumstances.

Damn. Anything I say makes me think about it. And it keeps bringing tears to my eyes. Just forget it. Forget it. Just forget. I looked down and I saw a tear on my hand. I failed. I tried to not cry all day and I failed. I was doing so good.

I know Kurapika saw me, but he didn't say anything. He's a good friend. He's always there for me. He even cooks for me. I wish I didn't have to burden him like this. Kurapika told me that Zushi has been eating in his room ever since the incident. I don't blame him. I just wish there was something I could do to help him.

"Kurapika." I said.
"Yes Gon?" He replied.
"Let's go to the park." I demanded.
"Okay.." He said hesitantly.

We got to the park and I sat on one of the swings.
The park makes me feel like none of this ever happened and I'm still just a babysitter hanging out with his friends. When I'm at home however, is when I'm reminded that Aunt Mito is not coming back and she will never come back. When people said that you're life can change in a day, I never actually understood that until now.

I miss her so much.