Rejection

Kurapika's POV

I'm honestly getting so tired of this. Nanami has been with us a lot more lately. Killua and her are always arguing and poor Gon is always in the middle of it. And on top of that, Nanami keeps trying to make Killua seem like the bad guy, I mean sure he's a brat, but he isn't that rude anymore. But Gon is stupid so he believes anything his "friends" say must be true.

"Don't pull my hair Killua!" I could hear Nanami yell.
"I didn't you hag!" Killua yelled back.

Gon made the smart decision to invite our "friend group" to the park. I don't consider it a friend group, that's just what Gon calls it.

"Gon would you walk with me to get ice cream?" Nanami asked while batting her eyes.
"Oh sure! Anyone want anything while we are gone?" He asked.
"I do. You probably won't remember though since you guys are so dumb. I guess I will just have to come along." Killua said. He could at least try to lie better. He sounds stupid.

"Mr. Kurapika! Come push us on the swings!" I heard a little girls voice say.
God, how did I end up watching the kids?

"Oh is Alluka calling for you Killua?" I heard Nanami ask.
"Huh?" He said as he turned around. As soon as he did so, Nanami pulled Gon away and they headed to the store.

"Come push me!!" Zushi yelled.
Right right, I'm coming.

Gon's POV

We have been walking for a bit and we finally got to the store, Nanami has been awfully quiet so I was a bit worried but I didn't say anything.

"Uhm, Gon." I heard Nanami say quietly.
"Yea?" I replied.
"Uh.."
"Hm?"
"PLEASE GO OUT WITH ME." She yelled as she bowed.
"Wait. Go out? Like date? Like a couple..?" I asked.
"Yes." She said without opening her eyes, "I've liked you all year. I think we would make a great couple."

Nanami wants to go out with me? Weird. I didn't think she liked me like that. I mean, she's pretty and all but something is telling me to say no. I guess I just don't like her like that.

"I'm terribly sorry Nanami. I don't see you in that way." I answered as I bowed.
"You..don't..like me?" She started to tear up, "is it because you like someone else? Is it Killua? Even though he is a guy?"
"Huh? Killua? Where did that even come from?" I asked.
"You guys aren't how kurapika and you are. Killua blushes when you're around and is only nice to you, so I just figured.." she said wiping her tears.

Did people really think that? I mean, Killua is cool and all, but he's a guy. Is that even possible for me to have feelings like that?
"N-no, there isn't anyone else. I just don't like you like that. I'm sorry." It was a little hard for me to get that sentence out. I'm not sure why though.
"I see.. so it was all for nothing. I tried to get rid of him for no reason.." she mumbled.
"What was that?" I asked because I couldn't quite hear her.
"Nothing." She said while finally looking up, "uh, what's wrong, do you have a fever or something?" She asked.

A fever, why would she think-
I put my hands up to touch my face and my face was hot. That's weird, I don't feel sick.
"Well I feel fine, but my face is hot. So I must have one." I explained, "I think I'll take Zushi and head home for the day."
"Okay, well see you later I guess." She waved and walked off.

I walked back to the park and explained the situation. Killua started laughing and even kurapika was trying to not laugh.
"Dude you were blushing. You don't have a fever." Killua said while trying to stifle his laugh.
"Blushing? Why would I be blushing?" I questioned.
"Well what did you guys talk about?" Kurapika asked.

"Let's see, first she confessed her feelings, then we started talking about Killua, then she told me she thinks I have a fever so I told her I was going to go home then." I explained.
"Wait, shw confessed? Well that's why! Idiot." Killua concluded.
"But I don't like her like that, I rejected her." I countered, "it wouldn't make sense for me to blush if I don't even like her."

"Well why was Killua brought into the conversation?" Kurapika asked.
"Well she thought I liked Killua romantically so I explained that he's my friend." I told them.
"HUH?" Killua yelled.
"Killua." Kurapika said.
"What now blondie?" Killua said.
"Your face." Kurapika pointed out.
"What's wrong with Killua's face? I can't see because he is covering it with his hands." I asked Kurapika.
"Oh nothing." Kurapika brushed it off and continued, "anyways, so you are saying she pointed out the fact that you were blushing after you guys talked about Killua?"
"Yes."
"So Killua made you blush?"
"No. I don't think so?" I told him.

Kurapika just sighed and told us we should start heading home. He's kind of like a dad that way.

We headed home and I cooked food for Zushi. Soon after, Zushi and I went to bed.