Funeral-ish

Gon's POV

I woke up to the sound of banging on my door. I got dressed then walked to the front door.
"Kurapika?" I said as I rubbed my eyes, "what are you doing here?
"I knew you would forget." Kurapika sighed, "that's why I came prepared."
He came in and sat down. I realized he has multiple bags with him. When he opened the bags there were all types of decorations, food, and things for the shrine.

Why would we need things for a- OH!
"Oh god thank you so much Kurapika! I completely forgot. Oh no I'm such a bad person. How could I just forget! Great now I'm going to be cooking still by the time they get here oh no." I babbled on for a good five minutes.

"Gon," Kurapika stopped me, "check the time."
I looked down and saw it was only twelve.
"THANK GOD! You're a life saver!" I hugged Kurapika and then I started prepping the food.
"Can you start putting up decorations?" I asked.
"On it. Hey where's Zushi by the way?" Kurapika replied.

"Oh I locked him in his room!" I smiled.
"You WHAT?! Gon you can't do that!" He flipped.
"Well actually it's really simple because I have a key and-"
"That's not what I mean!" Kurapika cut me off, "you shouldn't lock him in there."
"But I wanted it to be a surprise for him to.." I said.
"Jeez. Whatever, I don't take care of him."
"He will be fine, there's a note on his door saying he can't come out yet. Last night while he was sleeping I made snacks, so he won't be hungry either." I explained.

Kurapika just sighed and started decorating.

After about an hour of decorating and cooking and cleaning, Kurapika and I were done. We still had time so I put the food in the oven to stay warm and turned on the tv.

"Gon." Kurapika said.
"Yes?"
"You should tell Killua how you feel after this." He said sternly.
"Huh? Why. No." I panicked.
"It only makes sense since he likes you too." He explained.
"But doesn't that make him gay then?" I whispered.
"YOU'RE GAY TOO! You literally have a crush on Killua." Kurapika snapped.
"But I'm not gay." I told him.
"Have you ever had a crush on a girl or was physically attracted to female parts?" He asked.
"No." I replied.
"But you like Killua, a boy. Right?" He asked.
"Yes." I shook my head yes.
"You're gay." He said in a monotone voice.
"Oh. I am?" I questioned.

He just rolled his eyes. I have nothing against it. It just doesn't seem right. I mean me? Gay? I mean sure I've never liked a girl not once but I've developed a crush on a boy, but that doesn't mean I'm gay. I just like Killua.
"I'm going to settle this once and for all!" I exclaimed.
I took out my phone and looked up the definition of gay.

"..you were right." I accepted defeat.
"I know I am." He said while holding the bridge of his nose, "the point is you should tell Killua you like him and go from there."
"You are absolutely right!"

A couple hours later Killua, Kalluto, and Alluka arrived. I let Zushi out and then started setting out the food. Everyone was talking and paying their respects at the shrine. Then we all ate as a group.

"Zushi and I want to have a sleep over!" Alluka said while she was trying to pick up a boiled potato.
"Yea! I wanna show her my room!" Zushi added.
I saw Killua glare at him and laughed a bit.
"They are in middle school, nothing bad can happen." I reassured Killua.
"Fine, but I'm staying too. I don't want to see any funny business with Alluka you hear me Zushi?" Killua threatened.
"Yes yes. I get it." He answered.
"Well I'm going to head home see you later Gon." Kurapika said.

"Wait, Killua can Kurapika drop me off at home? I don't want to stay." Kalluto asked.
"Sure if he will take you." Killua said.
"I will, come on Kalluto." Kurapika said as he opened the door.

Everyone finished eating and Zushi took Alluka up to his room.
"I'm gonna kill that brat one day." Killua mumbled.
"Please don't" I awkwardly laughed.

Okay now's my chance!
"Hey Killua," I said.
"Yea Gon?"
"I like you." I told him.
He paused for a minute and turned around.
"Oh yea, I like you too. Just make sure you are specific when you tell people that. They might get the wrong idea." He cleared his throat.
"No Killua. I like you. Like, like you like you."
His eyes widened as he turned around with blush on his face.
"HUH?" He said.
"Kurapika told me I should tell you soon." I explained.
"The bitchy blonde knew and didn't tell me?" He said covering his mouth. He looked like he was questioning everything.
"To be fair, he does kind of hate you.." I reminded.

"Well..uhm.." He stuttered.
I just kind of stared at him while he was thinking.
"So uh, I'm gonna go..." Killua said.
"Oh. That's fine." I said while forcing a smile.
"It's fine if Alluka stays here right?" He said walking out the door.
"Yea. Bye." I said.

As soon as he left I sat there questioning all my life choices up til now. What if he hates me? What if he never talks to me again? Life sucks. I lost my only family member first. Then all in one day I lost my friend, my crush, and my confidence. Life. Truly. Sucks.

Authors note~

Sorry this one is so short. Unfortunately the next chapter will be the last but anyways bye <3