Rival

Killua's POV

It's been a few weeks now since the whole incident. When I started walking to school I could hear Gon run up to me.
"Killua! Good morning!" He said cheerfully.
"Good morning Gon." I replied.
I'm glad he isn't sad anymore. I'm really, really glad.

We met Blondie at the entrance and all walked into the school together.
"Good morning Kurapika!" Gon said cheerfully again.
"Good morning Gon." Kurapika said as he pat him on the head.
Jeez ever heard of personal space.

We walked into the class and I parted ways with them since my seat was in the back and theirs was towards the front. I couldn't help but feel happy when I saw Gon talking to everyone near him with a smile. For the first week he could barley talk, and now he is acting like nothing ever happened.

As I was watching Gon I felt a pair of eyes on me. I looked to my right and saw a girl, glaring at me.
"Uh. Do you need something.?" I asked.
"No. I don't" the girl replied.
If I remembered correctly she was Nanami Kanji. Her seat was right next to mine, but we never talked.

I stared at her a bit longer as I saw her eyes go to the group of people Gon was in. I wonder what she's thinking. Or why she was glaring at me.

My thoughts were interrupted by the teacher who walked into the room. The teacher started her lesson but I wasn't paying much attention. I was more curious about why Nanami was mad at me.

"Killua are you paying attention?" I heard the teacher ask.
"Uh, yes ma'am." I hesitantly replied.
"Oh really? Then answer the question we are on." The teacher challenged.

Great. Now everyone was looking at me. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Nanami smirking. I guess she has some sort of grudge against me. Me being the responsible, respectful person I am, I decided to be the bigger person.

"The answer is twenty five to the second power plus five." I answered with a smirk. Obviously I wasn't going to be the bigger person. I hope that gets her to stop smirking like an idiot.

I looked over and she looked mad.
"That is..correct." The teacher admitted.
"Oh? I was? Probably because I was paying attention. Unlike some people." I mocked as I looked over at Nanami.
"Okay. Thank you Killua." The teacher said as she continued on with her lesson.

If Nanami wants to hate me, I might as well have fun with it.

Lunch time approached slower than usual. The whole class I could feel Nanami glancing over at me. I wonder what I did to make her so mad. I've been rude to many people, but I've never even talked to her so she shouldn't have a reason to hate me.

Gon's POV

I'm not sure why but anytime I glanced back at Killua, he was looking at Nanami. I guess the teacher noticed too since she tried to call him out. Well It doesn't matter that much I guess. He probably just likes her or something.

For lunch Kurapika and I went to go sit my Killua but we were stopped by Nanami.
"Hey Gon!" She said cheerfully.
"Hey Nanami." I replied.
"Would you mind walking with me to get bread? Since you always go anyways. My friends never go and I don't like walking alone." She asked.
"Oh sure." I said, "Kurapika, I'll be back."
"Okay." Kurapika said as he went to go sit by Killua.

Nanami and I walked out of the classroom to get bread.
"So Gon," she started, "I heard about your Aunt..and I just wanted to let you know I'm here for you."
"Oh, thanks." I said as I looked at the floor.
"So, when are you going to plan a funeral? I mean I would love to pay my respects if that's okay." She asked.

A funeral? Oh right. I have to plan that. But, it would be so small. Is a funeral even worth it?
"Oh haha, uh I was actually thinking of not planning one.." I started, "ya know with finals coming up, it would be a lot of stress. And plus, it's not like I have other family members to invite. I think I'm just going to invite Killua and Kurapika over to help me set up a shrine."

She gave a puzzled look before continuing,
"Oh well. That's fine. Everyone is different. Anyways, why are you friends with someone like Killua?" She asked.
"Uh, I'm not really sure what you're asking?" I replied.
"Oh, nevermind. Forget it." She brushed off the topic. The rest of the way we just talked about things in class until we got bread. Nanami is a pretty nice person.

Killua's POV

Great, now I'm sitting alone with the blonde housewife. How annoying.
"I hate this just as much as you do." He said in a monotone voice.
"HUH? Don't go reading my mind you creepy housewife!" I argued.

"Did you see Nanami and Gon? They should so be a couple they looked so cute together!" I heard a random girl say as she walked out of the class.
"Here she goes again." Kurapika sighed.
"What do you mean? And what's up with that Nanami girl?" I questioned.

"You really are stupid aren't you?" He said, "Nanami has been after Gon for a very long time. She's practically in love with him. She is also a great strategist so she uses that to her advantage to try to make sure she ends up with Gon." Kurapika explained.

"She has convinced most of the girls that her and Gon would be the perfect couple, she made sure all of Gon's friends thought she was nice, and she made Gon see her as a super nice classmate. Almost everything she does is for a reason and planned out."
Kurapika continued.

"Scary." I shivered, "then why is she mad at me? She keeps giving me death stares." I asked.
"Probably because she thinks you're in the way." He answered.
"Whatever. I'll just ignore her then."
"Or you could leave Gon alone." He offered.
"Hey! Don't get all cocky you bitchy blonde, I don't need to do anything!" I replied.

Nanami's POV

Walking with Gon to and from the store felt like a real date. I was so happy. He is such a nice person. I've liked him ever since he helped me at the opening ceremony. Everything I've done up to now was to get his attention. And it's all paying off.

"Hey Gon, wanna hang out at the park later?" I asked him.
"Uh later? No sorry I am going over to Killua's house." He apologized.

Killua? Again? I heard from my friends that they hang out a lot after school. It makes me mad. Killua can't steal Hon, I've been after him for awhile. I won't let Killua have him, not now, not ever.

"Oh it's fine. Although, isn't Killua a bit of a bully?" I whispered.
"Oh Killua? Well he may have been a little rude before I was friends with him, but he's getting better." Gon awkwardly laughed and rubbed the back of his neck.
"Oh, well he is still pretty rude to me, always glaring at me and stuff. Earlier today I asked him for help on a math problem and he said he didn't know, and then the teacher called on him for not paying attention and he answered it correctly! And then he looked at me to rub it in my face. I don't know what I did to him." I bluffed.

I put my face in my hands to seem more distraught and he seemed to buy it.
"Oh really? He doesn't seem like the type to do that. But I'll talk to him." Gon said as we opened the class doors.
"Okay well by- ouch!" I faked a trip as I was walking past Killua.
"Yea I'm fine. See what I mean though, he just tripped me." I whispered to Gon.
"Huh? Killua did you trip her?" Gon asked.
"What? Why would I do that?" Killua asked.

Shit. He was going to get suspicious if I didn't do something.
"Uh ow, my foot really hurts. I think I twisted it." I whined.
"Oh no. Are you okay? Here let me help you up." Gon said.

I was holding Gon's shoulder. I would be smiling like crazy but I have to play my part for now.
"Can you help me to my seat? It hurts so bad." I limped.
"Of course." Gon said as he helped me to my seat, "well I'm going to eat lunch with my friends. Bye!"
"Bye."

I think I can really pull this off. Killua is a minor puddle that I have to leap over to get to Gon. Nothing I can't figure out. Gon will end up with me. We are made for eachother. And Killua won't stop that.