6

"I definitely didn't expect to find you in here." Ashton was speaking to Michael, but he didn't take his eyes off of me. He was angry. I knew he was angry. Why wouldn't he be? He had just finished telling me that I shouldn't forgive Michael so easily.

"I've slept in here every night since Ivy landed." Michael said slowly, as if this should've been common knowledge. I pushed my face into my pillow, hoping that when I sat up again both boys would be gone. "Um, I'm going to go take a shower. I'll see you guys later." Michael let us know, absolutely oblivious to the tension between Ashton and I. Ashton didn't say a word until after Mikey had left the room.

He shut the door as he left, and Ashton moved further into the room.

"Are you fucking kidding, Ivy?" He hissed. He ran his hand through his hair and groaned. I tried to recall a time Ashton had ever been angry at me and failed.

"You weren't there when we talked last night." I defended, standing up off of my bed. "I really believe what he said to me."

"Of course you believe what he said to you." Ashton deadpanned. "You always believe the bullshit he feeds you. God, Ivy. You're so stupid. Here you are, continuing to let him walk all over you. This is never going to end. No matter what he does, you're always going to forgive him. You're stuck in this Goddamn cycle and nothing will pull you out of it."

I stared at Ashton, trying not to let his words get to me. I had never taken well to being called stupid, and he knew that. He stared back at me, his anger not even flickering.

"Have you ever been in love?" I asked, stepping closer. "Do you know what it's like to love someone so much and know you deserve more than what they're giving you, but the idea of not having them at all makes it hard to breathe? Have you ever loved someone that much?" I was angry now too; how dare Ashton come into my room and tell me whether I should or shouldn't forgive Michael. I had the right to forgive him on my own accord, at my own pace. If I forgave him immediately, that was my prerogative.

Ashton just stared at me, his expression unchanged, though his eyes did soften.

"No." He murmured. "I guess I haven't."
Before I could say anything back, he walked out of the room and slammed the door behind him.

I sat down on my bed and sighed; the last thing I wanted to do was fight with Ashton. Deep down, I knew he had a point, I just didn't want to admit it. I didn't want to be wrong about forgiving Michael so easily yet again. But it was in my nature to forgive him. I had to forgive him.

Michael walked into my room about ten minutes after Ashton left, and I was still perched on my bed with my head in my hands. He sat down on the bed beside me and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders and sighed. Michael frowned. "Don't worry about Ash, love. He gets like this sometimes when it comes to our friendship."
"What do you mean?" I asked, confused. Michael smiled shyly.

"He doesn't think I'm good enough to be your best friend. I mean damn, he's right. But he can be pretty vocal about it."

"Oh." I said quietly. "I'm sorry." Michael shrugged.

"It's not a big deal. He'll get over it, whatever he's angry about. He always does." He pulled away from me and grinned. "Listen, I have to go into the studio today. You should come with me! Ashton and Luke are going to write at a different studio today and Calum is heading to John's house to write, so I figured that you could come with me, unless you'd rather hang out here alone all day." He made eye contact with me, pouting slightly. I rolled my eyes and shoved him away from me.