21

The nerves floating around in my stomach only increased as we got closer to Ashton's family home. When we pulled up in the driveway, I almost felt sick. It was stupid, really. I had known Ashton's mum and siblings for years. They loved me. I used to babysit Lauren and Harry when their mum had plans and Ashton was too busy with the band.

Things had changed, though, when Ashton had admitted he had feelings for me. A lot of things had changed. I felt like I had to try and impress his family, make them things I'm good enough for him. I knew I wasn't. Hell, Ashton probably even knew I wasn't, but I wanted his mum to approve.

And I knew I was probably even getting ahead of myself. Ashton and I had agreed that for now, we were friends and we were trying to see how things would play out.

I sat in my car for a moment or two, staring at Ashton's house. He sat in the passenger seat quietly, but I could tell he was looking at me confused. Finally I undid my seatbelt and turned towards him, plastering a smile on my face.

"You look nervous." He said, smirking slightly. "Are you nervous?" I rolled my eyes but still nodded my head. I wasn't going to lie to him. Ashton placed his hand on top of mine, using his thumb to rub the top of my hand. The feeling made my stomach do flips.

"Ivy, why would you be nervous? My family already loves you." He pointed out, still keeping his hand on top of mine. I sighed.

"Yeah, but they love me as your friend. As the girl who supported your band from day one and lived next door to Michael. They don't love me as the girl you like, or the girl who likes you, or..." Ashton grinning at me was enough to stop me in the middle of my sentence. "What?"

"My mum has known about my crush on you since I started having a crush on you. I told her before I told Calum and Luke. She and I are very close, you know. She's going to think you're great no matter what. Even if something bad happened and you broke my heart, she'd still adore you. And so would I. But let's not think about that. Let's go inside and watch cartoons with Lauren and Harry and help my mom make dinner." He squeezed my hand and smiled reassuringly at me before getting out of the car and making his way over to my side to open my door. I held his hand as we walked into the house.

Lauren was the first one to notice us when we came into the house and when she did, she screamed at the top of her lungs and ran towards Ashton, practically jumping into his arms. He chuckled as he hugged her and she began to cry softly.

"You're home early." She said through her tears. He laughed a bit more.

"Is that why you're crying? Because I'm back early?" Lauren shook her head and hugged her brother tighter. It almost brought tears to my eyes, watching this play out, seeing how much she loved her big brother.

"I'm crying because I missed you so much." She was sobbing now and Ashton carried her over to the couch and sat her down on his lap, even though she was a bit too old for that treatment.

Anne Marie walked into the room a moment later.

"What was all that screaming-" She started to scold her daughter but when she saw Ashton sitting on the couch with her, she clapped her hand over her mouth in surprise.

"I'm home!" Ashton announced. His mother just laughed and walked over to hug him.

After about half an hour, Anne Marie and Lauren calmed down and began asking Ashton about the tour and the album, after saying hello to me. I sat quietly and listened to them talk, feeling my cheeks heat up whenever Ashton looked in my direction. Harry was out with a friend, playing football in the park by their house, but Anne Marie promised he'd be home soon, assuming we probably had plans for the day and would want to get going in a bit.