25 part 1

The picture is a map of panem, hope you like this chapter (:

-

t  w  e  n  t  y    f  i  v  e  -  p  a  r  t    
o  n  e

Katniss' pov

Finnick, Gale and I are standing in front of Hamitch, who is, once again, pacing around the room shaking his head. Since his friend's base blew up he's had to try and think of a new place to hide, but so far he hasn't got an idea of where to go.

"Why don't we cross off the ones we're definitely not going to and then cross districts off from then?" Gale suggests.

Hamitch glances up and nods, forming an 'O' with his mouth.

"I can't believe I didn't think of that, lets get district-crossing." He draws a map of panem on the board and immediately crosses out district 12 and the Capitol. Gales picks up another marker and crosses out districts 1, 5 and 7 which are surrounding the Capitol.

"District 13's definitely a no-go," Hamitch says while crossing it off as well.

We all stare at the map, and one district stands out the most to me. District 8.

"I think we should travel to district 8. They played a big part in the rebellion and are very good allies with us, plus it's quite far away from everywhere with the wilds are right on it's doorstep. It's perfect," I explain.

The boys think and Hamitch excuses himself to discuss with Toby. Gale and Finnick both agree that's it's the perfect location and Hamitch soon comes back with Toby.

"We both think your choice in district will be the most beneficial for us, so we've both agreed on flying there right away," Toby says and Hamitch nods.

"I'll contact the district to make sure that they'll keep this a secret and that we'll be no harm to them," Hamitch sighs and dials a number, waiting for someone to pick up.

After a short conversation Hamitch gives us a thumbs up and we speed off towards district 8.

-

A couple of hours is all it took until we landed in district 8. Currently we're searching for an abandoned building which used to be a sewing company. The mayor gave us permission to use the building which was very kind of him, but I'd appreciate it more if it was easier to find.

I sigh and pick up the pace, as our large group of 20 jogs through alleyways in search for the building. In ten minutes we manage to find the building and start setting up the technology.

"I need everyone to put this device in your ear and this one on your top- it's a device which allows us to communicate to each other in case we get split up or lost." Hamitch passes us each an ear piece and a small microphone.

I put them on and automatically feel the sound waves crackling in my ear, making me pull it out in pain.

"Why the hell does it hurt so much?" I cringe at Hamitch.

He laughs and shakes his head.
"It's trying to adjust the voice volume according to your individual 'normal' hearing volume, so that it suits everyone," he says and grabs my ear piece, squishing it back in my ear.

"Just bear the pain for a little bit."

And, of course, the pain only lasted a few seconds before the squealing sound stops.

For the next hour I spend time chatting with Gale and Finnick. Rory's helping out some tech guy fix his computer.

"Can I talk about something that's kind of personal with you guys?" Finnick asks quietly.