6

+ Johanna Mason on the side +

-

s i x

Katniss' pov

"Oh shit, Rory what happened?"

I rush over to him and hold his hand. He slowly turns his head towards me and plonks his head on my lap.

"K-Katniss." He manages to get out my name before he closes his eyes. I start to panic.

"No Rory, stay with me," I yell. Who would have done this? I do the only thing I can think of, even though it's ridiculous.

"HAYMITCH! HAYMITCH GET YOUR DRUNK ASS OVER HERE!!" I scream.

"I'm coming, impatient much? What's wr- " He stops as soon as he sees Rory in my lap. Even though he's kind of drunk I think he understands.

"Wait here I'll get the nurses." He ducks back out of the room.

"Katniss." I jumped in fright, but I realized it was Rory.

"You don't need to talk, just rest here Haymitch is bringing help," I sniffle.

He chuckles but winces at the pain from his cuts. "It's okay Katniss, I need to tell you what happened anyway."

"It was the peace keepers who escorted me here, t-they... well I don't remember too clearly but one of them got a message from someone and then he shoved me on the ground and cut my leg, and the other one tried to slit my cheek but I moved just in time and somehow he cut my hands," he mumbles.

"He's in here, please hurry." I turn to the door to see Hamitch running spastically into the room pushing forward two worried nurses.

"Please do whatever you can," I say. I slowly place Rory's head onto the floor and walk out of the room with Haymitch, leaving the nurses to fix him up.

We walk back to the dining carriage and I sink into the couch.

"Where's Effie?" I ask.

"I don't know, doing Effie stuff," Haymitch grumbles and grabs another beer out of the fridge.

I sigh. How did I even get into this big mess? Since talking to Gale in the woods it's like my life and everyone's around me has become a series of unfortunate events. I can't believe Erica hurt Rory, that's just low.

I feel that there must of been some sort of mind controlling power in the liquid at the ceremony because District 12 never cheers when people are picked at the ceremony.

"Katniss go to bed. Training starts early tomorrow," Haymitch shouts from the kitchen.

"Okay goodnight," I say and walk down the corridor into one of the bedrooms. I lay on the bed, slowly drifting off to sleep.

-

I'm sticky from falling asleep in my sweaty training clothes so I jump in the shower, enjoying the smell of vanilla-scented water. I throw on a black V-neck and army coloured cargo pants and make my way down the hallway to eat a light breakfast.

Haymitch left me a note telling me to be at the training room at 6:30am, which means I have ten minutes to eat and find my way to the training room.

The building is quite different from when I came a while ago. The walls are exposed brick with a bit of white apint on them, giving the room a rustic feel. The dining table is a beautiful ash wood and the chairs are French style painted white.

It has a homey feel to it which makes the atmosphere a lot calmer and relaxed.

I jump into the elevator and get out at my stop, analyzing the other tributes. There is a girl and a boy quietly whispering at the farthest point in the room and a group of two girls and boys talking. I can tell instantly they aren't happy to be here.

Others were scattered around the room, most sitting with their district partners. I lean against the wall intensely staring at the door. I wonder how Rory is?

A woman wearing a black top with the word 'instructor' written walks in from the door on the other side of the room, asking for everyone to listen. I hear a creak and turn around, seeing Rory standing at the door in crutches.

I honestly didn't think they would just let him go, the cut looked really deep.

I rush over to him and pick up the crutch he dropped and help him hobble closer to the woman. The group of four are sniggering at him. Yep definitely careers, I'll need to keep an eye on them.

"Are you in pain?" I ask. He slowly shakes his head. I turn back to the instructor who clears her throat.

"Good morning, I am here to inform you on what will happen on the days leading up to The Hunger Games." She pauses.

"There will be no tribute parade this year since we haven't organised stylists, but you will have a few Capitol designers provide you outfits for events.

"You'll be doing your private assessment in one week. We are giving you more time this year to train because no one was expecting anymore games. We encourage you to try your hardest in each of the stations in training today and for the rest of the week. The scoring is the same and the scores will be announced the night of your private assessment.

"The games start in two weeks time so you have quite a while to practice. Now if you will follow me through this door we'll reach the training room." She opens the door and the tributes unwillingly walk through it, apart from the careers who leap into the room with excitement.

I hear Rory groan and I chuckle. This boy really isn't anything like his older brother.

"Toughen up Rory." I joke and nudge his shoulder which nearly caused him to fall over, but I luckily caught him.

"I am tough." He puffs out his chest and tried to fasten his pace but ends up tripping over one of his crutches.

People give me strange looks as I laugh and push Rory into the room.

"Now the fun starts," I say, grinning.

-

I spent a whole day at home so I decided to finish up the chapter and post it, btw that's the quickest update ive ever done!

*clapping like a retarded seal*

Hope you liked it next update will be soon :)

kat xx