13

heey it's the second week of school holidays yayyy (:
Kinda sucks that I'm not doing anything or going anywhere though haha

-

t  h  i  r  t  e  e  n

Gale's pov

I've been lying awake for about half an hour, staring at Katniss' calm, sleeping face. I stroke her face gently like it's mad of glass that will shatter any second.

I glance at Rory, who is snoring loudly on the visitors' chair. He looks pretty tired and restless too, but not as much as Katniss.

My mind keeps drifting back to the games. What happens if one of the 5 of us dies? What if I never get to see my best friends again? How is my mother surviving back home with Vick and Posy? Stop thinking negative and believe in yourself dumb ass, my mind screams at me. I just can't get myself out of this negative mind state.

"Ouch." I hear a groan and a bang, and see Rory lying on the floor rubbing his head.

"How on earth did you end up on the floor you retard." I burst out laughing.

"I don't know, I just woke up and felt myself falling... and here I am," he grumbles, lifting himself off the ground.

"Did you have a good sleep?" he asks.

"Yea I did, since Katniss was right next to me," I smirk, knowing that would freak him out.

"Ah okay too much information, keep your love life to yourself." He shakes his head scowling. I chuckle.

"You know I can hear you guys." Katniss raises her head and slaps my cheek.

"Well I'll be off again, and when I come back you better not be doing anything gross." he flicks my head and walks out the door.

"You love to mentally scare that kid," Katniss mumbles rubbing her eyes.

"He'll get over it soon." I smile and kiss her forehead.

She smiles back.
"I hope so." she snuggles back into me.

---

Rory's pov

I walk down the empty hallways receiving odd looks from passing people. As I step into the elevator I see a girl around my age shaking on the floor, tears running down her face.

"Hey what's the matter?" I crouch down so I'm eye level with her.

"N-nothing, nothing at all," she mumbles and shuffles backwards, staring at me with wide eyes. I frown.

"Seriously anyone could tell something's shaken you up." I take out my hand and she hesitantly takes it as I pull her up.

"Come to my room so we can talk about it okay?" I whisper. She nods and I open my arms to envelop her in a hug. She hugs me with all her might, trying to hold in the tears.

The elevator doors open and she de-attaches herself from me as I gently push guide her out and down the hallway to my room. I sit on my bed and she sits down next to me.

"So what's the matter?" I ask her. She curls herself up into a ball, like she's afraid to let anyone in. She shakes her head.

"I'm not going to tell anyone if that's what your worried about, and plus I hate seeing you like this even though I barely know you." I clasp her hand and smile, staring right into her beautiful emerald eyes.

When did I start thinking like this?

She slightly smiles at me and unfolds herself from her cocoon.

"I might as well introduce myself, my name is Eden and I'm from district 8." She spaces out for a few seconds and then focuses back on me.
"You don't have to tell me who you are because I'm sure everyone knows your name." She blushes and shakes her head.

I chuckle. "Well it's lovely to meet you Eden. I can tell you miss home, you spaced out after you said you're from district 8." I give her a knowing smile.

"Yea I miss my family a lot." She frowns.

"I do too," I reply.

"So I'll get on to why I'm upset." She stares into my eyes.

"I arrived at training in the morning a bit earlier than normal and heard people talking through the door, and they were talking about who they were going to kill first. I accidentally squeaked when they said my name fourth an-and then two boys came out and grabbed me a-and." She started shaking, tears rolling down her face.

"You don't have to tell me anymore it's okay, come here." I wrap my arms around her and she sniffles, leaning into my chest.

"They threw me on the floor and punched and kicked me continuously, then one if them picked me up and threw me out of the room, telling me to never tell anyone what I heard. After I somehow managed to crawl into the lift, and then you found me." she smiles at the end.

I lift her chin up and gaze into her eyes.
"Well at least you know you must have talent if they want to hunt you down fast." I smile back at her.

She laughs and snuggles back into me.

---

Katniss' pov

Why is Rory taking so long to come back? I close Gale's door to let him sleep more and make my way to the elevator. When it reaches the top floor, I briskly walk out and search the whole floor.

Quietly I hear a sigh coming from Rory's room. I open the door and see him holding a sleeping girl in his arms, smiling. I gape at him.

"Rory what the hell?!" I angrily whisper, which makes him jump. He stares at me with wide eyes.

"It's not what it looks like, I found her injured and crying in the elevator so I brought her here." He gently lifts her up and places her down on the bed. He stands up and walks towards the bathroom.

"Can you help me clean her up? She's covered in cuts and bruises."

"Um sure," I grumble as we start to clean up her damaged body.
"Why do you care so much about this girl anyway, it's not like you know her." I smirk at him.

He slightly blushes. "N-no reason. I just felt sorry for her." He runs back into the bathroom.

"I think someone has a crush," I sing quietly, laughing my head off.

-

Next update will be soon :)

kat xx