5

I told you I would update faster :)

Hope you like it ~~ if you don't know who the picture is of, it's Finnick Odair

-

f  i  v  e

Katniss' pov

Rory?

I see Rory's pale face walk out from a group of boys while everyone is cheering. Except Vick, Hazelle, my mum and I. He walks onto the stage and stands next to me. I give him a weak smile and he gives me one back.

"The tributes from District 12, Katniss Everdeen and Rory Hawthorne," Effie says energetically. I look over to her and she starts to lose her smile but she ushers us off stage, trying not to lose her façade.

"Go into the justice building, there will be a few peace keepers their who will tell you what do to," she whispers. I hug her quickly.

"Tell me later," I whisper and walk with Rory in silence into the Justice building. A peacekeeper leads Rory off to a room and another leads me to a different one. The room is completely bare except for one wooden chair beside the window. The grey walls make the atmosphere gloomy and dead silent.

"You have one minute with each person," the guard grunts. He brings in my mother who has tears running down her face.

I run into her arms and we hold onto each other for what seems like forever. "Katniss, I know you can do it," she sniffles.

"Get past the first part with Rory and then go find Gale, I-I know you can, just please be safe and, and pl-"

"Mum I'll be fine and don't worry about Rory, he's safe with me," I whisper. We stay in each others arms until the guard comes and tells her to get out.

"I love you Katniss."

"I love you too," I shout as the guard closes the door.

The next person who comes in is Vick, and for the first time he actually looks scared. "Katniss you have to protect Rory-"

"Of course I will, I will with my life," I say enveloping him in a hug as he lets all his tears and frustration out.

"When you get past the first part go find Gale, okay, please," he sobs.

"Of course, I promise." I hold him tight until the guard comes in.

"You can win again, girl on fire." He smiles and walks out of the room.

Next Hazelle walks in. "Oh Katniss, first it was Gale and then you and now Rory... I can't take this anymore!"

She sobs. "It's like everyone I love is disappearing from me, and look at me I'm a mess!" She yells. I wrap one arm around her shaking body.

"I know it's hard for you at the moment, it is for all of us, but I need to talk to you about something urgent," I plead.

"What is it?"

"Well I need to know something. Did you, Rory, Vick or mum drink the liquid that was being handed out?" I question.

"No we didn't, is there a problem?" She says looking worried.

"Well you know how District 12 never cheer when children are picked? They made everyone drink the substance just before Effie picked out the names and I think something in that drink made them act like that," I whisper, so the guards don't hear. I really think that the drinks had something in them that made them react in such a disrespectful way.

"You have a point, I'll work with your mother to see if we can find what they put in the liquid. It did look quite suspicious." she states. Hazelle starts to figit with her hands.

"Oh and Katniss please take care of Rory and teach him how to survive, please," she pleads.

"I promise I'll will train him to be like Gale." I smile. I give her a hug before the guard comes in and tells her to get out.

"Tell Gale I love him when you see him." She smiles through her tears and closes the door.

The guards push me out of the room and out of the building into a car. The driver drives out to the train stop and I get out and board the train.

I still haven't seen Rory anywhere.

I quickly find the lounge since its the same layout as the other trains I have been on. I turn on the TV and relax into the chair when I hear the door open. I turn around to see a completely drunk Haymitch holding a bottle of wine, staggering towards me.

"Well it's lovely to see you here," I grumble. Haymitch laughs.

"Aren't you the tiniest bit happy to see me darling? Aren't I better than getting someone you don't know?" He smiled.

"Yes I guess you're right." My mouth twitches into a smile.

"So how did they let you be the mentor since we're friends and all?" I question.

"Oh wow you actually called me your 'friend,' " He cracks up laughing while I stare at him in shock.

"Wait no we're not friends, more like friendly acquaintances," I stumble over my words and turn back to the TV.

"Whatever sweetheart, oh and have you seen that Rory kid around?"

"No, I'll go look for him." I get up and walk out of the lounge carriage. I walk through the corridors and try to take my mind off what's happening, but all I can think of is Gale.

I can't get his petrified and beaten up face out of my head. He looked absolutely miserable and so did Finnick and Johanna. It makes me scared to think that the Capitol is hurting them.

The wip lashes against his skin over and over until his whole body is covered in blood. I shudder and try to block of any more crazy thoughts.

I stop, hearing a whimpering sound from behind a door. I open it to see Rory on the ground with a deep cut down his right leg. His eyes are closed but he's panting with a look of distress across his face.

"Oh gosh, Rory what happened?"

-

What happened to Rory?

I'll update very soon sorry ive been kinda busy with school work but ill update soon :)

kat xx