2

-

t w o

Katniss' pov

"Katniss wake up, you have a meeting with Haymitch and he demands you at his house in ten minutes."

I open my eyes to see Gale holding me in his arms half asleep, with bags under his eyes. "Why do you look so tired? Have a sleep here, okay?"

"Yes mum," Gale grumbles, burying his face under the sheets as I laugh at him.

"Thanks for the message I'll be up in a second," I say to Rory. He nods and walks down the corridor.

Ever since Prim died Rory's personality completely shifted. He used to be a bright, energetic and happy kid but for the past few years he's been anything but that. He's become close to shutting out his mum, Posy, Vick and I before but the occasional call from Gale lifted his mood for weeks.

I quickly throw on a track suit and t-shirt and walk over to Haymitch's house, situated next door to mine. I open the door and surprisingly, his house lacks the usual strong smell of liquor anywhere. His stained, maroon carpet has been replaced with beautiful oak floorboards. I enter the living room to surprisingly see Haymitch reading a book.

"Hi sweetheart didn't see you come in. Have a seat." I sit next to him in a leather armrest chair. "We have some important news to talk about."

"Not sure if I want to know," I mutter.

"Well, you know how pretty much everyone in District 12 thinks that you and Gale have something going on, right?"

"What the hell Haymitch, people would of only seen us when Gale brought me back to my house and it's not that far away from the woods!" I exclaim.

"I don't know, news travels through district 12 quite fast. Anyway, the big problem is," He takes a big breath before revealing, "The Capitol is back, and is even stronger."

"They are back? As in they have a new leader?"

"Yes sweetheart, and guess who's in charge this time? Snows younger sister, Erica. And you know why she is president? Because she wanted to kill Snow for not letting her vote on anything the Capitol did; she was useless and wasn't allowed to do anything. So she wanted to get revenge on him but before she could you killed him, so now she is going to do anything to take revenge. She's one pissed off president."

I stare blankly at Haymitch, taking in all the information. "What does Gale's and I's relationship have to do with anything?" I question. Why does poor Gale have to get pulled into everything?

"That's exactly what I wanted to talk to you about. You see, remember how you and Peeta were the star-crossed lovers? Well, because everyone knows you and Peeta are not on good terms, including Erica, she plans on affecting your relationship with Gale and it won't be good. So, unless you want your new lover under attack, we should probably do something about Erica."

"Just when you think it's all over," I mutter.

"It will get better as soon as we come up with a good plan. Anyway, do you like my house? Gale's mum came and fixed it up. She even got me to lay off the alcohol a little," he chuckles.

I laugh a little too because honestly, I never thought Hazelle, let alone anyone could reduce Haymitch's alcohol consumption.

"I better go check on Gale because he's sleeping in my room, we'll talk later."

"I see you guys jumped a few bases." he smirks.

"Oh shut up that didn't happen." I storm out of the house with Hamitch laughing in the background.

I'm just about to open the door to my house when I hear a child screaming my name. I turn around to see Rory, with tears stained down his face running straight towards me.

"Katniss I've checked everywhere but I can't find him," he cries.

"Who can't you find?" I ask.

"It's Gale, he's gone." He attempts at blinking away his tears.

"What!" I scream.

"Oh and Katniss, someone left this note on the table with your name on it." Rory gives me a letter and I can just make out what it says through my teary eyes.

Katniss Everdeen,

I have stolen your loved one because you stole my kill, now you have stepped into a world of hell.

Oh and what happened to the star-crossed lovers? Your hunting partner won't survive that long.

From, Erica

-

Ooooo Erica's the evil one begins all of this :P

Keep reading ~

kat xx