t h i r t e e n

__________

You sprinted fast behind the rookie cop who you followed down the narrow and dark hallway where the lifeless corpses still crept around. The beat of your heart raced faster the quicker you hauled to outrun the zombies that were now scrambling behind you. You were tracking down the explosion that set off just minutes ago and the only person who could have found the detonator was Marvin Branagh, the police lieutenant who was stuck in the RPD alongside you and Leon Kennedy. The brave cop suddenly came to a stop and spun around on his heels, wielding his shotgun between his gloved hands.

"Keep running, (Y/N)!" he shouted as you passed by.

For a moment you followed his order and kept going, but something inside you forced you to a quick stop. You turned around fast, locking your eyes on Kennedy as he began blasting shots down the hall at the zombies that staggered forward. You didn't want to run. You didn't need to. You had a gun to defend yourself and help out Leon, too! He always wanted to protect you, but the only way you'd make it out together was to protect eachother. You pulled out your hand gun, jogging up to Kennedy's side.

"I won't!" you exclaimed, firing down at the zombies.

From the corner of your eye, you saw the cop glance at you quickly before he continued blasting at the walking corpses that finally started to fall lifeless onto the floor. There was still too many of them!

"(Y/N), we have to keep running," Leon spoke quickly as he let his shotgun fall to his side, and with his other hand he gripped onto your arm, pulling you in the other direction.

You grunted and spun around, taking off in a dash beside the cop as he still held onto you. All these hallways you ran through within the RPD, they all were looking the same at this point and you had no idea if you were going in the right direction of the room where the C4 could have been set off. Leon seemed to know the paths now and you trusted he was going the right way. Just up ahead was yet another wooden door that actually looked familiar and you were certain this was it. You sprinted faster to reach the room ahead, Kennedy's hand slipping from your arm. You quickly swung the door open and turned back, catching the cop by surprise as you stepped forward right in his way.

"Uhf!—"

Leon's steel toed boot rammed the side of your shoe and his leg came forward, crossing yours which took you both to a sudden fall to the hard floor. You let out a groan in agony when you landed on your shoulder, dust coming up into the air. When you opened your eyes, the cop's face was inches from yours as you both lied breathless on the floor.

"Seriously, (Y/N)", Kennedy said blandly, giving you an irritated look.

A gasp escaped from your lips as zombies still came staggering towards the entrance. You propped up and surprisingly with just one hand, you began firing shots down the hall to slow the hoard. It worked and it gave Leon time to swiftly come up to his feet and slam the door shut.

BANG!

Kennedy stumbled back as the creatures striked at the closed door, their horrid screeches echoing loudly behind it. The noises went on for a couple more seconds then suddenly, the thumping stopped. You both let out a sigh of relief. While you had the chance, you glanced around yourself, recognizing the dusty room you were in. You sat in the rumble that covered the floor and noticed wooden desks, shelves, and items as small as metal stools and office chairs, piled and pushed up against the walls.