Chapter 3: STARRING ROLE

Madison went up the stairs, complaining the entire way, "That little meeting was a waste of my time! I've got more important things to do!". Queenie and Nan walked off, muttering insults about Madison. Zoe glanced around the now empty living room, searching for something to do. Mom looked at me and nudged her head toward Zoe as she left. I knew what she wanted me to do. "Hey, Zoe, Why don't we head up toward my room?" She looked relieved, "Sure."

We walked up the stairs together.

"My room is the second one on the right. If you ever need anything, my door's always open."

"Thanks. Not to be mean or anything, but the others here are kinda-"

"Rude?"

"Well, they did hold a knife over my head. I've only been here for like 5 minutes though, so what do I know?". Zoe sarcastically said, before she realized what she said and started to apologize.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to be-"

I let out a soft laugh. "It's fine, really. Madison is a total drama queen and a bitch, but Queenie and Nan, they're good people. Trust me."

We stopped in front of my door, I opened the white door and led Zoe inside.

"Woah." Zoe gasped, "This is your room?"

" Zoe gasped, "This is your room?"

"Yeah, you think it's weird don't you?" I mumbled lowering my eyes to the floor, and twisting a lock of my platinum blond hair between my fingers. I always did that when I was nervous.

"No, not at all! I think it looks amazing, a lot different from the other rooms actually."

I raised my light green eyes to meet hers, she was telling the truth. "Since we don't have a lot of girls here, I got a room to myself."

Zoe surveyed the room, taking in all the decorations; From the coffin shelves, to the moons mounted on my wall, accompanied by pictures of bats and other horror art.

"How did you do all this?" Zoe questioned.

"Magic, mostly, It comes in handy when moving heavy objects or putting things in just the right place."