6- Attack Derek

"What happened to Ryker?" I asked as Abel kept his eyes focused on the road. 

"I told you, he got sick and had to leave early." He said turning the steering right. 

"Werewolves don't get sick easily." 

"Well, he does." He replied. 

I didn't push for more questions because he was getting annoying and I wasn't in a mood to return snarky remarks his way. 

The ride was long. Because apparently Derek doesn't live inside the town he lives out in the woods. It's either a big concrete castle or a bamboo sticks house. 

I don't know why but I can't stop imagining it's a bamboo stick house. I can imagine him wearing a feather crown and stripes painted with black under his eyes. 

The car finally came to halt and I bent a bit down to look through the windshield. There was a huge door in front of us.  

The huge gate slowly opened and Abel drove the car in. There was a fifteen minute drive through the huge grounds that expanded to miles. We were finally reaching a building. 

Yep, that's a huge castle in the middle of the woods. It's kind of similar to where Oliver Queen lives , you know.

He stopped the car and we were welcomed by a man dressed neatly by the gate. We both got out and Abel asked the man if Derek was home. He told him something about the training grounds. Abel gave him his car keys and gestured to me to follow him. 

We were greeted by different people in the house. It looked like a lot of people lived here. I mean it is a huge castle even from the inside it looks like a place out of the Victorian era. I realized most of them had the symbol of Hale pack tattooed on themselves, on their arms, chest, neck etc. 

Abel didn't say anything to me. He just kept walking and I kept following him. As we were walking down the huge hallway filled with different art pieces. There were sculptures, paintings and even mosaic arts placed in there. I was actually more focused on the still pieces on the wall than the boy walking in front of me. 

I didn't know what happened but Abel suddenly turned, held me by my wrist and pulled me towards him. It took me a moment to absorb the situation as I looked up at him. 

"What the hell?" The voice came out as a whisper from my throat. His eyes were focused on something behind me with his arm held up. 

"Sharp as ever." I heard a female voice and turned in it's direction. Abel was holding a knife by its  blade piercing into his skin. A girl with brunette hair who seemed to be in her early twenties was standing in front of us. 

"Attacking me is one thing but attacking a guest is against the rules, Tori." Abel said letting go of the knife. "Especially when she's here to see Uncle Derek."

"Ah.. Is this the Stilinski girl?" She said observing me. "She seems weak."

Abel tapped me on the shoulders. "Let's go." He said and I could see it in his eyes that it wasn't a request. 

I turned to look at Tori and she waved at me. Then I started following Abel. As we were walking I saw the blood dripping down his hand. 

"You're not healing." I said and he shrugged. 

"The knife was laced with wolf's bane." He said. 

"Why would she do that?" 

I thought it was like a fun thing the werewolves here do. Like they show on tv shows, there are rivals and they're always challenging each other. But this is wrong.