11- 56th Time's A Charm

The buzzer went off as I rushed right inside the maze. The black maze had various small compartments and squarish blocks for taking cover or hiding. I was dressed in a black jumpsuit to help me blend in with the environment. 

The first block had three traps set. First the crossbows. There are four sets of automatic crossbows hidden here. Two of them release the bows at almost an angle of 45°. I'm not sure if it's 45° or not. I've just named it that to sound like an anime protagonist. Okay so the first two attack with a 30 seconds interval. The other two have sensors in them so they can locate my body but it takes them about 7 or 8 seconds to attack after they sense somebody. 

I sneakily moved along the walls to blend in. I made sure Abel couldn't detect my smell because I made every trainee wear it before training. A little disgusting but I have to survive this. 

I cleared the first two crossbows and started moving randomly to not let the sensors pinpoint me. As I moved around I accidentally made a small squeak noise with my feet. After staying up all night, that's the mistake I made. Bravo, Ali, bravo. 

Someone pushed me as I hit my back against the wall. My eyes met his deeply green eyes as a sly smile came on his lips. 

"It's getting boring, Stilinski." Abel said and I nodded. 

"It's going to be entertaining though." I said and he looked at me confused but before he realised I held him by his collar and whoosh. Four arrows right in his back. 

"What the-'' He said as he lost his balance and fell to the floor. I sat down next to him.

"I changed the fake ones with the real ones last night." I stood up. 

"You… think this - can hurt me." He said sweating and grunting on the floor. 

"Sharp edged arrows? No. Sharp edged arrows laced with wolfsbane? Well.. I can see the result." I smiled sweetly at him. 

He just let out a chuckle and rested his cheek against the floor. The weird part about Abel is that I've never seen his wolf eyes. He doesn't activate it for some reason. It will help him hugely right now but I guess he doesn't want to. I would stay to see if that can happen but I can't because I'm running out of time. 

The next portions of the first areas were easy to cross because Lisa and Abel had divided the two parts of the course and since I made sure Abel wouldn't be able to get up for some time I easily passed through the land mines buzzers. I've passed them multiple times by now so I'm very much familiar with which tiles I should step on and which ones to avoid. The third obstacle was strings. This one is pretty hard because how closely tied the strings are, I have to pass by without touching any string. I'm not yet a parkour expert so it's hard but since no one's chasing me I can do this calmly.  

I could do it calmly but I have anxiety and I almost messed it up multiple times. Thankfully I was able to clear that too. Now the second part. The second part doesn't have any traps. The only hurdle is Lisa. She's good. Lisa is the best Protector they have, she's the same age as me and is already leading a team. Usually the leader is in their twenties but apparently she has the brains and the brute force to handle the leader sort of situations. 

I sneakily made my way through the maze keeping an eye out for Lisa when I heard a whistle. "Bubba." She called up as I looked at her standing on one of the walls holding her bow stretched towards me. She released the arrow and I dodged it quickly. I'm not making the same mistake again. 

I need to get closer to her in order to get my plan done but she's good at long range combat so it won't be easy. Like I said I'm not a parkour genius yet so I can't reach her. That means I have to have her come to me.