10- The Loneliness

It has been a week since meemaw passed and I haven't shed a single tear from my eyes. Why? I don't know. I wish I knew. It just feels so unreal. Like it was all a dream. I don't know what to feel.

That night mom disappeared again, she must've sensed meemaw's death and may have come to say goodbye but before I could even comprehend the situation she was gone. I was so rattled that I didn't know what to do. I just stood there by meemaw's bed panicking. I don't know for how long. Thankfully Abel was on patrol and heard mom's scream. He rushed in and quickly pulled me in, turning my head away.

"Help is on its way." He said softly as he took me out of the room. I asked him to check on meemaw and he said he had already done that. He must've sensed her heart. He helped me into the living room and stayed there with me even after they took meemaw. After that he brought me to the Hale Mansion. 

If he hadn't come that night I don't know what would've happened. I'm grateful to him for handling that situation for me. 

I haven't been able to reach out to Dad since that night. His phone is off and every time I ask Derek, he tells me that he's in contact with him and everything is fine. There's an important thing he's doing. I don't know what was more important than meemaw's funeral. Uncle Scott was supposed to come to town but he had to stay back too. I don't know what's going on but no one is telling me anything. It's frustrating. 

The worst part of everything is that the whole town showed up at meemaw's house but the people that were actually close to her were nowhere to be found. 

The loud thud from the door opening startled me as I looked up to see Abel standing in the doorway.

"Naveed wants you in the training hall." He said and I nodded as I stood up and picked up my phone and keys from the side table. 

I turned to the door and saw Abel still standing there observing me. 

"What? You're going to escort me there?" I asked and he shook his head and stepped back as I went out and locked the door. 

"Are you feeling okay?" He asked. 

I was a little surprised as I turned my head towards him. "Are 'you' feeling okay?" I asked and he observed the taunt in my voice. 

"You may think I'm an asshole but I know how it feels to lose someone this close to you." He said. 

"And what am I supposed to do with that knowledge?" I asked and he really seemed fed up with my attitude. 

"Just…  you can come to me if you want to talk or anything." His eyes reverted away from me into an empty space. 

I let out a sigh. "I'm sorry. I just don't want to talk about anything right now. I'm not in a mood." I said and he nodded. "Thanks anyways." I said and he smiled. 

"It's okay." He lightly patted on my shoulder.

"How's Ryker doing?" I asked.

"Well, he's still in quarantine." He replied and I nodded.

I also haven't seen Ryker since the funeral. I don't know what happened to him but he had a sort of seizure  during the funeral. All Derek and others have told me is that he has a viral infection of some sort that's why they're keeping him in quarantine.

Maybe I did broke him?

"Anyways, I'll see you around?" He said and I smiled lightly and nodded.

'See you around'. Man.. I hate 'around'. I recently moved to the Hale Mansion. Because I don't have anywhere else to go.