8- Rainbow Belts And Awkward Conversations

Derek gave me my dad's jeep, of course on my dad's permission but he didn't allow for me to drive so it's still parked at the Hale mansion. You know how I feel? I feel like a kid who can see the cookie jar sitting on the refrigerator but I can't reach it. 

Thankfully, I was dropped off by one of the girls' from Derek's pack. We didn't really talk but I didn't feel uncomfortable with her and I was very glad to not go back home with Abel. 

But above all the things going through my head, there was one particular thing that kept banging on my head. Ryker. I don't know what happened to him, they only said he was sick, I am actually worried that I broke something in his body last night. 

As I lay there in my bed with my eyes staring up at the ceiling, I felt my phone vibrate on the bed side table. I turned and reached out to it. It was two in the morning and there was a text message on my phone from an unknown number. 

'Open your window' The message read and was followed by another message. 'And don't bring your bat.'

I was about to ask who it was but then another message bubble popped up. 

'It's Ryker.' 

Ryker? If he's sick shouldn't he be in bed or something? What's he doing? I quickly got out of the bed and moved to the window. I peeked out to see if he was there, it was then when a hand appeared from above and knocked against the glass window. I did get scared, it was wise of him to tell me to not bring my bat or I would have hit his hand through the glass window. 

I opened the window and stepped aside. He simply came down and inside through the window. He almost slipped and fell but kept his balance. 

"What are you doing?" I whispered. 

My meemaw is old but I'm scared that if she finds out there's a guy in my room this late, I'm really gonna get it. 

"I-" He seemed confused, even lost maybe. "I just wanted to see you."

"You do realize this is creepy, right? I don't let in, strangers lurking out my window, you suffered the consequences of that last night. I only let you in because I know you… and I was worried."

"Worried?" He asked. 

"That's all you got from that statement?" I said and he awkwardly smiled. 

"I'm sorry. I know this is creepy. I just.. You know I was supposed to drive you to the mansion and I disappeared. And I'm pretty sure Abel must have said something to you so I had to apologise on his behalf."

"We both go to the  same school." I said and he paused for a second and closed his eyes as he nodded. 

"Yeah, you're right. I don't know what I was thinking." He said scratching his head. 

"Well, you're here now and since I can't sleep I guess we can stay up and talk. If you're up for it."

He seemed surprised as he looked at me. 

"Don't give me that look. You're the creepy stalker who climbed up my window." I said and he let out a chuckle as he nodded.

I moved to my closet and opened it. I bent down and opened the little door on the floor in it. This is a little compartment, I don't know why it exists but I found it during one of my visits to Beacon Hills as a kid so when I moved in I turned it into my midnight snack hideout. I get hungry sometimes. 

When I pulled up the packets Ryker let out a soft chuckle. 

"What?" I asked. 

He shrugged with a smile on his face.