7- The hypothetical encounter with a Berserker

"The Protectors?" I asked and he nodded. 

The Protectors were formerly known as Hunters working under the Argent family. But when the sole survivor of the Argent family, Chris Argent, decided to side with the supernaturals, the hunters actually got divided into two groups. The one with Chris protects those who can't protect themselves and the other one under Tomara Monroe hunts those who hunt them. Chris rebranded his group's name as The Protectors since that was their whole goal to protect and this way others will not associate them with the killers who only killed out of fear. 

"But I'm not trained to join them."

"No one is when they start off." He replied with a calm poker face. 

I feel like I'm having a deja vu. 

"Okay let's say hypothetically, you get an encounter with a berserker. Now you're alone, I'm not there, my pack's not there, your parents, Scott, in general anyone who can actually defeat a berserker is not there and can not come to help. What will you do?" He asked. 

"Die? Probably." I replied. 

"Not probably. Surely." He said. "I'm going to do everything in my power to keep you out of danger but this is Beacon Hills, you never know what can happen here. And I believe if you get the right proper training, you may never need someone else to come and save you. You will be able to stand your own ground… " He paused for a moment. "And who knows you might be able to save your mother."

My mother.. 

"She didn't just get up and left. Something bad actually happened to her?"

I've actually had a feeling. This was always a possibility that someone took her, she isn't only a science genius, she is also a strong banshee who has powers beyond anyone can think of. 

"We're not sure. But something bad is coming. Your father told me to not talk to you about this but I believe you should be prepared in case this may turn out to be a chaos." He said and I could feel the hair on my arms standing up as a chill ran through my body. 

" You're mother isn't the only banshee that has gone missing. It's every banshee around the world."

"What?" I frowned up my forehead. "How's that possible?" 

"We don't know and it happened at the exact same time your mother disappeared."

"So someone just went out and kidnapped all the banshees in the world?" 

"That or more sensible possibility would be their guiding voices called out to them. In my experience a banshee only walks out like this when she has to announce a death. In this case I don't know how many are going to die."

That's a lot of information right there and honestly I'm sitting here feeling nauseated. The anxiety is building up. 

"Again we're not sure." Derek added and I looked up at him. "But it's better to be prepared for anything. That's why I think it would be a great idea that you become a protector. But this is your own choice whether you want to be a part of this or not. You can have all the time you want to think about this but I would suggest you don't think for too long."

And it was silent for a few moments. Because I had to absorb a lot. I mean there's a possibility the world's going to end otherwise why would you ever need this many banshees. 

"We also have to find a way to trigger your banshee." Derek said. 

"What now? I thought we just made sure with the mountain ash that I'm not a supernatural being."

"We never even thought that your mother would be a banshee until she got triggered. I believe that might be the case, there's a reason we're trying to keep you safe. In case you're a banshee you might also disappear."

"But I didn't."

"You might." 

"I don't think this will happen. I'm not a banshee." I said.

He sighed. "You're as persistent as your father." He mumbled under his breath. "For now let's just stick with you becoming a protector."

He reached into his drawer and took out something. "Come on, I have something to show you." He said standing up. 

I actually wanted to argue with him more but from the looks of it he seemed like a person who might yell at me for being annoying. Yeah that's not how I want my first meeting with him to go. 

I stood up and followed him. He led me towards a small elevator in the hallway. We got in and he pressed a button with B1 written on it.

"How's your father doing?" He asked. 

"Terrible.." I replied. 

Derek softly smiled. "He'll bounce back." 

He said and I shrugged. I don't know if he will, if we don't find mom I don't think he will be able to bounce back ever. 

The elevator door dinged open into a hallway. The interior was simple and minimalist with white and pink peach tiles. The hallway was like ten feet long with a door at the end. Derek walked out and I followed him. 

"How did your first day of school go?" 

Yeah, that's the question you ask someone after dropping a load of information on their brain. 

"It was fine, I guess." I replied. 

"Good." He used the biometric lock on the door and the door unlocked. He opened it and I followed behind him. 

My eyes widened at the huge flashy parking space. It seemed like there was every type of car in space that would easily expand to miles. 

A man sitting in a little booth came out and greeted him. Derek handed him what he was holding, it seemed like a car key. 

"Bring it over." He said and the man nodded as he left. 

"Your grandfather was a good man." He said and I felt a bit surprised as he brought him out of nowhere. "He gave me a Stilinski family heirloom before he died. He wasn't in his right senses though but I took it. I don't know why to be honest."

I heard a running engine as I turned my head in its direction. My eyes widened in surprise. 

"I have it completely repaired. Most of its parts were changed and it's in good shape now."

"That's- That's my dad's jeep." I said looking at the blue jeep parked in front of me. The man shut the engine and got out. He handed the key to Derek. 

Derek smiled as he held the key towards me. 

"And now it's yours."

____