Frederick Chase (Pt. 4) - Athena & Annabeth

Here is part four where they finally die! (That sounds incredibly evil, doesn't it?)

Frederick Chase:

First Annabeth blaming ME for her mistakes, and now her friends coming to threaten my family? I would take no more of this! My daughter was a piece of demigod trash and I would treat her that way!

This weekend, I invited her and told her that I needed to speak with her. She believes that it will be for me to apologize, and boy is she wrong. I will outsmart her and poison her drink, ending y family's misery once and for all. She may be a daughter of Athena, but she is also my daughter and a daughter can not outsmart her father.

Anne and the boys are staying at a relative's house this weekend in case anything goes wrong. We set the table nicely and arranged table name settings to ensure that neither Helen nor I accidentally drink from the poison cup.

"Are you sure you are ready to do this, dear?" Helen asked as I placed the cups out.

"Yes. She may be my blood, but she was never, and will never, be my family." I replied and Helen answered with a nod and a smirk.

The doorbell rang and Helen and I both stumbled over ourselves, scrambling to go open it. Annabeth stood on the other side with her arms crossed as we opened the door to let her in. She glared until I saw a flash in her eyes (The light of a god/goddess appearing) and she smiled, "Hey, mom!" Since when did she call Helen mom? (Let's see... since never!)

I was surprised when a voice that wasn't Helen's replied, "Hello, my dear Annabeth." I whirled around to see Athena standing behind me in the same arms crossed stance as Annabeth was. She saw my look of confusion, shock and terror, "What's wrong, Frederick? I thought that this was a family reunion!"

Helen glared, "So you are the goddess Athena? Humph! I thought you'd be a bit more impressive after hearing all the stories about you in school as a little girl! I wonder why Freddy hooked up with such an old woman...?" I wanted to stop her, but kiss her at the same time.

It was ATHENA'S fault that Annabeth even existed in the first place! We didn't even sleep together throughout our entire relationship! She just conceived the cursed child from her brain simply because she wanted to and left ME to take care of the baby! When I tried to send her back to Olympus, I was told that the girl was MY responsibility!

I put my hands on Helen's shoulders and forced a smile, "What my WIFE means to say is that WE are very happy to have you, lady Athena!"

Athena rolled her eyes and her glare intensified,  "Shut up, Frederick. We all know that none of us believe that. You are just absolutely terrified of the things that I could do to her if you don't defend your stupid, puny, ugly wife." Helen's hand shook a little in my grip.

"Why don't we go have dinner? It is all set up." I changed the topic awkwardly. Athena was ruining my perfect plan! She wouldn't know about the poison, but once Annabeth was dead, whose to say that she wouldn't zap me into oblivion? Let's hope for the best! 

"Have a seat!" Helen invited and we all sat down.

"How have you been, Annabeth?" I asked, stalling.

"Fine. I am working on something very important. Oh, and I also got married!" Annabeth responded. WHAT!?!?

"Speaking of your project, dear. Zeus wanted another statue of himself in the courtyard by the main dining pavilion and Aphrodite wants you to put a statue of her in Ares' palace as a 'surprise present' for him." Athena said. What was she talking about?

"Of course they do!" Annabeth sighed.

"What do you mean?" Helen asked.

Athena's eyes shone joyful with pride, "Annabeth is redesigning Olympus!"

This was my chance, "Well, let's drink to that!" We all picked up our glaces and Annabeth and Athena made slight, incredibly brief, eye contact. "To Annabeth!" I said and drank my glass, as did Helen. Athena took a tiny sip, but Annabeth didn't have any. "You don't want?" I was desperate and scared by now.

"Sorry, Frederick, but I would prefer to live, thanks." I trembled in shock and fear at the stares of pure anger and hatred that the goddess and demigod were shooting at me. "That's right, I know about your clever little trick. Mom and I both smelled the poison the moment we entered the house. I knew there would be some sort of trick from the second I agreed to come. I just didn't think you would do something as basic as poison."

"A bit boring, don't you think, daughter? I could name fifteen better ways to painfully kill someone than that right off my head. Torture to death is a great one... Watching a family member tortured to death and then brutally murdered... Just plain brutal murder..." Athena listed, glaring at my wife and I.

"Stabbed by a poisonous dagger... Attacked by monsters... Starved or drowned... Being suffocated in a room with no flowing air supply and when you scream for help, nobody can here you... You're right mom, there are so many ways to kill somebody much more creative than the old, simple poison in a cup." Annabeth's glare was as scary as her mother's.

"You aren't talking about us, are you ladies?" Helen choked out, nervously clinging onto my arm.

"That depends, was that poison meant for me?" Annabeth growled.

That is when it really hit me, I was about to die. "Annie! Annie please! I am just your sweet, old man! I raised you in this very house! I took care of you! Please!" I begged for my life.

"Sweet? You just tried to kill me! My dad? You are just as much my father as Hera is kind. Raised me? Puh-lease! I ran away at seven and was raised by my knew family at my knew home!" Annabeth countered and by now, Helen and I were clinging as tightly as we could to each other.

"If you don't think I am that impressive, Helen, why don't I give you a peak at hat I really look like?" Athena offered, and even though I knew you shouldn't look upon a goddess' true form, I couldn't help but want to see what she truly looked like.

The last thing I remember was Annabeth closing her eyes before the world went white.