Julia Cambria - Percabeth

Julia Cambria:

"You must be Annabeth Chase! I've heard so much about you." I held out my hand to welcome the girl that had just walked into the building. "I'm Julia Cambria, it's nice to meet you." She took my hand and smiled.

"Great to meet you too, Julia!" She smiled warmly before glancing around the school's front office in which we stood. "I'm assuming you're my guide?"

"How'd you guess?" I responded, laughing and gesturing at my nametag that said both my name and 'tour guide'. "I was assigned to show you around since you're new here."

"Awesome." She followed me as I led her through the halls. Annabeth was gorgeous. Her tan skin and tall, toned figure complimented her curly blonde hair, but most of all, her stormy gray eyes were impossible to look away from.

Oh yeah, I should probably introduce myself. I am a junior at Slating High School and am pretty close to the top of my class. I am average height with pale skin, dark brown hair, and hazel eyes. I would consider myself relatively attractive. But sometimes it's hard to tell if the one person I want to see me that way does too.

Anyway, we reached the end of our tour and I turned to Annabeth. "So, what class do you have first?" She looked down at the schedule she had received earlier.

"Room 204, Latin." She said, looking back the way that we had just come.

"Nice memory!" I said, impressed that she had remembered the room. I smiled at her, "Well, it's your lucky day because that's the class I'm in!" What are the chances?

We arrive at the class, the last ones there, and I tell Annabeth to follow me to my seat at the back of the room. Once we are seated, I'm only half paying attention. I'm not listening to the teacher until she repeats my name three times. "Julia!" I finally looked up. "Would you like to introduce our new transfer student to the class?" I sigh, everyone is looking at me.

"This is Annabeth Chase. She came here from..." I don't actually know.

"Long Island." Annabeth finished. "It's really nice to meet you all."

"It's nice to meet you too, Annabeth. I am Magistra Kovel." She turned back to continue the lesson and I zoned back out again, looking at Annabeth.

She was scanning the classroom suspiciously, as if someone was secretly a monster or something. She caught me staring and leaned over to ask, "So what did you mean when you said that you've 'heard so much about me'?"

Oh... I guess I should probably explain. "Well I'm friends, really good friends, with this kid. Percy. He says you guys are good friends. He didn't say anything about you coming here, but when I was assigned to take you around, I assumed another Annabeth Chase would be a crazy coincidence." I eyed her. "You DO know him? Right?"

She smirked, "Yeah, you could say that." She was now grinning, reliving a memory or something. "Could you do me a favor though?" I nod. "Would you mind not telling him I'm here? I want to surprise him."

"Sure." Why would she want to surprise Percy?

Perseus Jackson had been my best friend since the beginning of last year. Right after some crazy drama with my old friends, Percy had moved here and quickly became my support. He is tall and strong, with stunning sea-green eyes and fluffy black hair. We clicked immediately and formed a kind of friend group consisting of the two of us, Jax Moore, Lev Wilson, and Skye Black. The five of us have been close ever since.

Percy had always talked mysteriously of his other friends. Talking all the time about their amazing summer adventures, but never giving quite enough details for them to actually make sense. It was nice to finally meet one of these so-called 'camp friends'.